Yeoman (YN) Eval Examples
*** BREAKOUT PERFORMER AND MODEL SAILOR! READY FOR INCREASED RESPONSIBILITIES! ***
- RELENTLESS EFFORT. While TAD to PORT ROYAL, Seaman Ford maintainED the highest standards of excellence. He processed and routed more than 1,000 pieces of correspondence, 90 awards, 150 Enlisted Evaluations and Officer Fitness Reports for a crew of 400 Sailors, ensuring smooth and timely submission of official record entries. His dedication provided administrative support ensuring ship's office maintained a high level of support across both sea and shore UICs.
- MULTI-TALENTED. As command CPPA, he assisted in processing more than 20 dependency data updates and command PQS inputs, ensuring service members' electronic service records were updated prior to PORT ROYAL's C5F/C7F deployment. Additonally, he went above and beyond his normal duties and qualified in multiple areas of the ship's Warfare Department and qualified as Enlisted Surface Warfare Specialist.
- DYNAMIC COMMAND IMPACT. Involved in the Junior Enlisted Association, he assisted in the preparation of multiple Steel Beach Picnics increasing morale for the crew. As the Cruise Book Committee journalist, he wrote multiple articles involving certifications throughout PORT ROYAL's C5F/C7F Deployment. As a SCAT Team Captain/Loader, he manned the ships MK240 and 50Cal through two strait transits ensuring safe transition into FIFTH Fleet.
*** READY FOR INCREASED RESPONSIBILITY! ADVANCE TO YN3 NOW! ***
YN2 is a committed and focused professional. She consistently demonstrates superb skill and exhibits a strong work ethic!
MISSION FOCUSED. As the only YN, she processed, reviewed and tracked over # pieces of correspondence contributing to the success and efficiency of the Administrative Department. She reviewed and processed # awards for the Command and as the Subject Matter Expert, YN2 drafted and released # SITREPs into NTIRA and OIX.
VERSATILE. Acting as the Commanding Officer's Executive Assistant, YN2 reviews and oversees all correspondence before routing directly to the Triad. She methodically tracked and organized # staff and student orders while also sending out # priority messages to the Triad. She updated the Command phone directory and Recall card, streamlining communication within the Command and emergency contacts for the Command Deck Officers. Diligently reviewed and processed # evaluation reports, ensuring each package was complete and correct for signature.
TEAM PLAYER. Managed and organized the SOPs for all award and designation letter processing for the Admin department. She reorganized the designation binder and created the SSIC binder for the upcoming year. Her actions ensured the successful input of vital service record documents and helped the Command with an inspectable item. As the RPPO, YN2 accounts for all purchases made for the N1 department, guaranteeing mission readiness and productivity.
Petty Officer continuously strives for success and is ready for more responsibility. Promote to First Class Petty Officer Now!!!
Submitted upon member's transfer.
*** A DYNAMIC AND MOTIVATED SAILOR WITH SUPERIOR DRIVE AND TENACITY! ***
- TECHNICAL EXPERT. Despite divisional manning shortfalls, YN2 demonstrated relentless demeaner and positive attitude while flawlessly processing 592 correspondence actions, 220 FITREPs and evaluations, three instructions, and 55 awards. As command CPPA, she processed 35 activity gain and loss packages directly impacting a successful Field Examination Group audit, earning a ship-wide high score of 97%.
- MOTIVATING PRESENCE. As RPPO, she ordered 2.5K of office stationaries, ensuring uninterrupted work flow. As Mail Orderly, she oversaw the flawless distribution of 60 official and registered mail. As Legal Clerk, she processed 20 legal cases. As Training Petty Officer, she oversaw completion of required command and divisional training.
- EXCEPTIONAL COMMAND INVOLVEMENT. As a selfless professional ready to support mission and crew readiness, she provided 15 hours of first aid training as a Stretcher Bearer. Additionally, she supported four training evolutions for SCAT and participated in six Diversity Committee evolutions. As assistant UPC, she facilitated the completion of 12 random urinalysis.
* A HIGHLY TALENTED PROFESSIONAL WHOSE TIRELESS WORK ETHIC AND COMMITMENT WILL BE MISSED!*
- Deckplate Leadership. As LPO, she directly manages 51 junior Sailors. She spent a minimum of 13 off-duty hours each week ensuring Sailors are mission ready. Managing 6 months of virtual drills, she maintained unit readiness above 85%. Her leadership led to 27 on-time mobilizations and 10,128 man-days of mission support in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Sailorization. She consistently recognized and promoted career development. She submitted 24 evaluations, 10 SOQ nominations, 5 awards, 21 electronic advancement worksheets, and 17 midterm counselings. YN1's dominant performance resulted in SurgeMain SA being a top performer at the NOSC (2 of 15), 6 Sailor advancements, 4 SOQ selections (2 Regional, 2 NOSC) and 5 individual award presentations.
- Master Trainer. YN1 implemented a Naval Heritage training program focusing on Naval customs, courtesies, and history resulting in the delivery of over 400 hours of trainiing to 53-unit personnel and an increase in unit cohesion. She also led 4 SECDEF OPSEC trainings and one domestic violence training. Her efforts resulted in a 97.1% FY 20 GMT completion.
*** READY TO ACCEPT CHALLENGING TASKS AND GREATER RESPONSIBILITY! ***
- RELENTLESS EFFORT. Completed over 1,000 administrative tasks, consisting of 850 items of correspondence, 100 personal awards, and 76 evaluations and fitness reports. Flawlessly executed ten award ceremonies bolstering morale. Spearheaded the reorganization, removal, and disposal of personnel retained files. She completed fifteen gain packages facilitating the disbursement of $10K in travel claims enhancing personnel readiness.
- MULTI-TALENTED. Dedicated to ensuring Planning and Tactics Department's success in a multitude of roles as RPPO, Mail Orderly, and TPO. She routed five purchase chits for supplies totaling $28K which allowed the Ship's Office to remain combat ready. She distributed 48 official and registered mail parcels vital to various departments across the command. She ensured Admin personnel completed PQSs and attended required training in the face of a rigorous ship schedule.
- COMMAND IMPACT. Involved in multiple morale-raising organizations including Diversity Committee and CSADD, she facilitated two events and volunteered at Habitat for Humanity. As a stretcher bearer, she dedicated more than 20 hours of stretcher bearer and first aid training to the crew.
*** A RISING STAR! STRONGLY RECOMMENDED FOR ADVANCEMENT! ***
***MY #1 THIRD CLASS PETTY OFFICER***
**OUTSTANDING THIRD CLASS PETTY OFFICER WITH AN ENTHUSIASTIC URGE AND ABILITY TO ACHIEVE!**
- EXCEPTIONAL PERFORMER. In a fast-paced, demanding environment, she continuously demonstrated initiative to maintain the high standards of excellence demanded by processing and routing more than 1000 pieces of correspondence, including 112 awards, 68 evaluations and fitness reports, and request chits for a crew of 300 Sailors.
- DIVISION ACTION ARM. As the Training PO, she coordinated and executed 30 training sessions, three PQS's for divisional personnel and three personal qualifications, directly contributing to watchbill flexibility. Additionally, expedited the transfer and receipt of over 200 registered and official mail with zero discrepancies.
- COMMAND-ORIENTED. Contributed over 25 hours in helping to facilitate five diversity events, bolstering command morale. As Repair Parts Petty Officer, ordered over $2k office supplies, contributing to mission readiness.
YN3 is an exceptional Sailor with indefinite potential. Her desire to strive to become a better Yeoman for the Sailors and the command makes her a tremendous asset to the Administrative Office!
***MY #2 OF 8 HIGHLY COMPETITIVE THIRD CLASS PETTY OFFICERS!***
Petty Officer Cervantes is my go-to administrator who is constantly sought-out by her superiors and peers across the command for her subject matter expertise.
- OUTSTANDING MANAGER. As a command security representative, she processed and managed 30 security clearance reinvestigations ensuring all command personnel maintained clearance required to accomplish the command's mission. As an assistant ESO, she played a crucial role in the preparation and administration of 3 Navy wide advancement exams for 185 Sailors with 100% accountability of all exams. Her superb management of her programs resulted in her being assigned as the admin division Work Center Supervisor where she flawlessly managed a 5-person team processing 1K pieces of correspondence, awards, and EVAL/FITREPs.
- DYNAMIC TRAINER. During an exhaustive admin turnover, she trained 3 new check-ins on the day to day process of admin which significantly enhanced the command's operational readiness and ensured zero disruption to admin workflow. As a DTS and APC specialist, she trained a 6-person team to organize the logistics for 7 detachments by creating and liquidating 200+ authorization and vouchers while maintaining personnel DTS profiles and managing a $3.5M official travel budget for individually billed accounts.
***A TOP PERFORMER WHO CONSISTENTLY PERFORMS AS A SEASONED YN2 - PROMOTE NOW!***
*** HIGHLY MOTIVATED; DETERMINED TO SUCCEED; COMPLETES TASKS CORRECTLY; A REAL STRENGTH ***
SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE. Oversees the command's administrative operations. Took on the role of PS while still fulfilling her YN duties which resulted in the flawless administrative processing of over 200 correspondence actions, FITREPs, evaluations, instructions, and awards.
EFFECTIVE CLERK. She consistently demonstrates exceptional professional skills by processing and completing the Command's Plan of the Week including the daily muster report for 124 Sailors.
OUTSTANDING YEOMAN. YNSA is a highly motivated and productive Yeoman. She strives for excellence and is an invaluable member of the Admin department.
TEAM PLAYER. USS XXXXXXXX has recieved over 1000 Tri-walls of mail on deployment. YNSA has helped with all ten, including 4 RAS's.
*** YNSA IS A COMBINATION OF EFFICIENCY AND INITIATIVE; SHE IS A ROCK SOLID PERFORMER WITH UNMATCHED DEDICATION TO DUTY. ***
SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE - Oversees the commands administrative operations in a demanding joint billet supporting four service branches which resulted in the flawless administrative processing of over 200 task management tool requests, correspondence actions, FITREPs, evaluations, officer evaluation reports, officer performance reports, instructions, and awards.
EXEMPLARY INITIATIVE - Driven self-starter, actively seeks opportunities to improve complex staff processes; does not accept status quo. Consistently takes on opportunities to make an impact; always ready to support the mission or a teammate. Taking on the challenge to teach both peers and superiors, YN1 trained 90 Officers, 31 Chief Petty Officers, and 27 enlisted key information on upcoming exam and evaluation changes during Sailor 360
DEMONSTRATED RESULTS - Ensured staff battle rhythm and products support senior leaders and decision processes which resulted in the seamless coordination of 15 senior leader schedules and over 70 distinguished leader visits. As Navy Ball Protocol Chair, she led 2 Sailors and ensured RADM Sailor-the guest speaker-and 15 Flag/General Officers/Distinguished Visitors attending the Navy Ball, was enjoyed.
SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE - Unmatched attention to detail and acumen preparing four-star product quality. Consistently assisted with the coordination and planning efforts for flawless execution for High Visibility visits including the Speaker of the House, SECDEF, SECARMY, Ambassadors, and Staff and Congressional Delegation committee members.
*** RANKED #1 OF 8 HIGHLY COMPETITIVE FROCKED FIRST CLASS PETTY OFFICERS! ***
***OUTSTANDING LEADER! SETS THE STANDARD FOR OTHERS TO EMULATE, INSPIRES SUBORDINATES!***
- NATURALLY GIFTED LEADER. As Assistant LPO, aggressively led four Sailors to new levels of excellence, meeting the administrative and human resources needs for over 250 personnel. YN1's passion for the Navy radiated throughout the Admin Department keeping all junior Sailors "Pride of Belonging" at the highest level possible, resulting in one BJOY and 100% retention for fiscal year 2019 for her department.
- METICULOUS PROGRAM MANAGER. As Legal clerk, processed 20 pieces of legal correspondence and streamlined the processing of two NJPs, reducing processing time by 50%.
- COMMUNITY SERVICE. Single-handedly managed FEDS Feeds Families program for the command earning the command a Certificate of Appreciation from the Department of the Navy. Recruited 15 volunteers across 3 department to collect, store, and deliver 274 pounds of non-perishable items to the local foodbank. Partnered with the ISIC to host two American Red Cross blood drives for four commands saving 72 lives.
Petty Officer ______ is a sustained superior performer and exhibits superlative leadership skills. Select for Chief Petty Officer at the earliest opportunity.
YN1 KYLE IS THE BEST SHIP SEC I'VE SERVED WITH IN 20+ YEARS! HER MANAGERIAL SKILLS AND FORESIGHT IN TAKING CARE OF ALL SAILORS ONBOARD LSD-44 IS REMARKABLE AND ADMIRED DAILY. IF YOU ONLY HAVE 1 QUOTA FOR A YNC IN THE NAVY, YOU'RE ABOUT TO READ WHY SHE IS IT!
-YEARLY PHENOMENA. She fulfilled countless administrative responsibilities; each task assigned is already considered a task complete! 300 pieces of correspondence, 100 Evaluations/FITREPS, and 50 awards, on my desk always ahead of time, no corrections needed!
-NAVY'S FINEST. She aggressively lead 2 Sailors to new levels of excellence, managing the administrative functions and human resources support for over 350 personnel. Recognized for her faithful leadership, she was elected by her peers to become Public Affairs Officer of the First Class Petty Officer Association. Furthermore, as Training Petty Officer, she was responsible for the training and personal qualifications of 9 sailors, developing their professional knowledge of BMR, 3M, ATFP, DC and administrative specifics.
-COURAGEOUS COMMAND IMPACT. As a member of the flying squad, she provided the DCA with incredibly accurate and punctual casualty plotting throughout 22 casualty based scenarios, directly impacting a successful ATG Damage Control Certification. She is also a newly qualified Seamanship Training Team (STT) member who led and evaluated 3 small boat Man Overboard drills during Southern Seas Partnership Deployment 2018.
*JUST SO I'M QUITE CLEAR HERE, I WANT YN1 KYLE IN MY CHIEF'S MESS AS MY NEW ADMIN LCPO NOW!*
Petty Officer Shields, as the only YN, is one of the most versatile and essential members of NAVCO, contributing the skills of an LS and IT on a daily basis. He supported more than 30 AC and RC personnel nationwide, handling performance reports, correspondence, travel orders and claims, supply, communications, NMCI and emergent taskings. He spearheaded the command's end of year budget execution, analyzing available funds and forecasting expenses, enabling the command to obligate remaining funds and execute at 100 percent for the budget year.
Yeoman First Class Sullivan's exemplary service and dedication have significantly contributed to the success of the Administrative Department in meeting critical deadlines. He meticulously and accurately prepared Evaluations and Fitness Reports for a 70 member unit with 100 percent on-time submissions. He is a recognized expert and is sought out by all levels of the chain of command to resolve technical issues. He was hand selected to serve as Administrative Department Head during a three month gap. As the Liaison Officer to the Navy Operational Support Center, Pearl Harbor, he researched and resolved pay issues leading to more timely pay for service members.
Demonstrating uncommon commitment to fleet readiness, Petty Officer Shields supervised and mentored 20 personnel in 3 divisions. He also provided administrative support to over 400 Military Shipyard Personnel by tracking and processing over 1000 command trackers. Petty Officer Shields participated in designing, implementing and executing the Command's Evaluation Ranking boards for 154 First Class and 57 Chief Petty Officers, resulting in zero decrepanices.
Managed the Detachment's administrative and budgetary requirements effectively. Fulfilled numerous, critical collateral duties including FCPOA President and SAVI advocate which had far reaching impact at detachment as well as NWS Earle.
Served as Assistant Lead Petty Officer for MILPERS command in support of SURGEMAIN while fulfilling his Annual Training Requirements. Petty Officer's diligent attention to detail ensured that all E9 and E5 evaluations were completed in a timely manner, while simultaneously training his fellow Sailors.
YN3 Clemons' professionalism and meticulous nature consistently contribute to VAQ-140 and Admin Division's continued successes.
-PROFESSIONAL YEOMAN. Committed to providing excellent customer service for the crew. He successfully tracked, processed, and distributed over 750 pieces of command correspondence. He was personally responsible for the command's Plan of the Week and methodically scutinized over 40 evaluations and fitness reports for submittal to Navy Personnel Command.
-ADMINISTRATIVE EXPERT. He generated 90 Commanding Officer Letters of Commendation, 50 Flag Letters of Commendation, and 92 Navy and Marine Corps Achievement medals. Additionally he screened 232 awards with zero discrepancies for presentation during 13 command award ceremonies, acknowledging Sailor's achievements through out the command.
-EFFECTUAL CLERK. He was directly responsible for generating and maintaing 198 Sailor's personal travel profiles with 100% accuracy. His attention to detail resulted in expediting travel arrangements during 4 command qualification and support detachments.
YN3 Clemons' is an integral part of the Patriots, and has my recommendation for advancement.
#1 OF 7 FIRST CLASS PETTY OFFICERS IN A HIGHLY COMPETITIVE MESS AT MY COMMAND!
- Superb Administrator. Despite a decline in manning in the admin dept, she expertly managed mission demands and provided top-notch customer support for over 600 FTS and SELRES members. A key player in the NAVREGSWRCC Command Inspection, resulting in an 'In Compliance' for the Admin Department and all collateral programs. Her expertise made her the indispensable right hand to the command Triad.
- As my Assistant Security Manager, she expertly managed the personnel security program by initiating 86 personal security investigations and tracked clearance expirations for more than 600 personnel. Her efforts led to an overall 98.1% of attached Sailors maintaining a valid security clearance, one of the highest in the Southwest Region.
- Gifted Leader. An active and dedicated CFL, she helped lead 41 unit CFLs by providing training each drill weekend and organizing the semi-annual PFA for 30 Reserve units and staff. She ensured all of the administrative requirements for the program were documented accurately by redesigning the filing system which made it easier to locate past files more efficiently and eliminated previous administrative problems. Her efforts led to an increase in the pass rate over two cycles from 96% to 98%.
- Managed the Family Care Plan Program which was recognized as the best in the Region and has been distributed region-wide as a best practice. She has given one-on-one training on how to run the program efficiently to three other NOSCs.
- Personal Initiative. Completed ALL required courses to obtain the 9190 NEC-Special Security Officer and finished 4 college courses towards her Bachelor's Degree all while maintaining a top notch administrative department.
YN1 XXX is a standout performer. The Navy will only benefit from her efforts and she has earned my strongest recommendation for advancement to Chief Petty Officer now!
Completed 6 designation letters, 3 frocking letters, and maintained the unit muster for 34 sailors.
- INNOVATIVE MANAGER. Petty Officer Smith is an ambitious self-starter who sustains a high level of motivation and resourcefulness in her performance. Her exceptional foresight and self-starter attitude led to the drafting of an Administrative Guidance Directive, and complete revision of the Military Awards Processing directive, as well as the creation of an electronic submission platform to streamline command and force awards and correspondence submissions. She ensured the timely and accurate processing of over 2,500 awards, command qualifications, and fleet-up certifications for staff members and the entire Pacific surface force area of responsibility. Her efforts have allowed the Commander to properly recognize staff members and tenant command personnel who are doing great things around the fleet.
Superb Administrator. Despite a 75 percent manning in a fast-paced, demanding training command, she expertly managed mission demands and provided top-notch customer support and advice on administrative, pay, and personnel issues for 201 personnel across seven UICS. As Administrative Assistant, she flawlessly processed 1,000 pieces of correspondence, 30 Evaluations/Fitness Reports, 65 awards, and the Plan of the Week.
As an administrative clerk, he aggressively coordinates all day to day administrative operations for over 205 FTS and Selres members. Additionally, his attention to detail was backed by zero discrepancies as he prepared, processed, and maintained over 500 pieces of correspondence, 35 Awards and 100 EVALs and FITREPS. As the command mail clerk, he was responsible for over 1300 pieces of official incoming/outgoing mail correspondence and all registered and certified mail all essential to the command and mission readiness.
- COMMAND IMPACT. As a MWR representative, he assisted with numerous fundraiser events which resulted in $9000.00 towards the command holiday party. During his off duty hours, he contributed 15 hours towards I9 sports league in Oak Leaf coaching football for the community youth and additionally volunteering four hours at the Salvation Army cleaning and moving supplies.
YN3 Thomas is an exceptional Petty Officer with unlimited potential and continuous self-improvement. He displays exceptional pride in personal image. He wears immaculate, inspection-ready uniforms at all times. His initiative, dedication, and organization skills have made him a tremendous asset to the Administrative Team.
Outstanding Manager. Her superior administrative abilities are known, respected and sought after throughout the command. A key player in Inspector General Inspection, resulting in an Outstanding for Admin Department.
Processed 1170 redeploying Naval personnel from Afganistan through NMPS Norfolk, ensuring a smooth transition from overseas duty.
Served as travel coordinator for the SEABEES of naval support unit State Department, Engineering Services Office, U.S. Embassy.
Attended the ASF Academy and the NCIS Active Shooter course presented on the installation. Maintained qualification with the M9 service pistol and M500 shotgun and as Brig chaser/Prisoner Escort. As a member of the Auxiliary Security Force, stood over 100 hours of watch in support of AT/FP measures. Stood security watches in support of 3 P.O.T.U.S. visits. Qualified with OC (level I and II contamination).
Her diligent efforts were key to the efficient and timely processing of Aircraft Personnel Automated Clearance system (APACS) requests which facilitated leave for all deployed unit personnel while overseas. She continually trained personnel on the APACS system and provided accurate guidance on navy regulations when required.