Navy Letter of Appreciation Examples
1. I would like to take this opportunity to express my sincere appreciation for the professional support you gave our command during your tour of Navy Operation Support Center, _____________ from DD Mmm YY through DD Mmm YY.
2. You began and consistently grew in rank and responsibility assisting Sailors in meeting medical requirements, reviewing and maintaining records, updating medical databases and ensuring medical readiness for more than 700 members. You assisted in revitalizing our medical program with your understanding of how to get the job done.
3. Although your time here has come to an end, please note that your expertise, commitment, and unfailing support are more than noteworthy. I would like to extend my sincere appreciation for a job Well Done.
1. I wish to express my sincere appreciation for your superlative performance during the period of 01 October 2014 to 31 December 2014. For your outstanding effort you were nominated for SERE East Sailor of the Quarter.
2. The strength of our Navy lies in dedicated Sailors such as yourself who serve their country with distinction every day. Your professional performance is invaluable to the command and sets an example for others to emulate.
3. It is a pleasure to have such a sharp and dedicated Sailor on the SERE East staff. Please accept my thanks for a job Well Done!
1. I take great pleasure in expressing my appreciation for your outstanding performance of duty from DD December 2011 to DD MONTH 2014 while attached to SWOS ENG LS Norfolk, Little Creek Department.
2. While assigned to the Little Creek Schoolhouse your professionalism and dedication to duty as Leading Chief Petty Officer was a significant contribution to my development and the department as a whole. The many long hours you worked improving the test procedures for Cummins and Detroit was evident by the increase in student and instructor knowledge. Your perseverance, technical expertise, and can do attitude are truly an example to be emulated by all.
3. The superb manner in which you performed is in keeping with the highest traditions of the United States Naval Service and I extend to you a personal Job well done .
NAVAL SUBMARINE SCHOOL NEW LONDON
ETC Oldson, N64 Division Officer
Letter of Appreciation for
Mr. Landon Hill
As Division Officer of the Tactical Computers and Network Operator Class at Naval Submarine School New London, I would like to thank Mr. Landon Hill for his generosity.
His contribution has helped enhance the morale and well being of initial assession sailors.
Please present him with this letter of appreciation for excellence as a symbol of our thanks for his generosity.
D. R. Pionk Group CDR, NAVELSG FWD
For outstanding performance of duty while serving as Administrative Department Leading Petty Officer and Front Office Administrative Assistant, Naval Base Point Loma, San Diego, California from March 2012 to March 2014. Petty Officer Mok performed his demanding duties in an exemplary and highly professional manner. Displaying exceptional customer service and administrative skills, he assisted in the tracking of over 2,800 pieces of official correspondence, including the preparation of routine letters, command instructions and notices, personal award recommendations and periodic evaluations with little to no supervision. Additionally, as Administrative Department Leading Petty Officer, he effectively managed an office of five junior Sailors of various ratings and ensured they received proper in-rate training resulting in a 60 percent advancement rate within the department. His meticulously handling of administrative matters attests to his professional knowledge, willingness to accept responsibility, attention to detail, and ability to adapt himself to complete hard assignments in a timely manner. Petty Officer Mok's initiative, resourcefulness, and untiring efforts to achieve perfection reflected credit upon him and were in keeping with the highest traditions of the United States Naval Service. I take pleasure in commending him for a job Well Done.
Group Commander, NAVELSG FWD
RDML John Yuen, Commander NAVSUP GLOC
Letter of Appreciation and Command Coin for
Ms. Tanya Rockett, Fleet Locator and DODAAC custodian
NAVSUP GLOC, Norfolk
As Group Commander of the Navy Expeditionary Logistics Support Group Forward (NAVELSG FWD), I would like to thank Ms. Tanya Rockett for her efforts in expediting the process to create a Deployable DODAAC for NAVELSG FWD, located at Camp Arifjan, Kuwait. Prior to Ms. Rockett's actions, the DODDAC for NAVELSG FWD did not allow access to DRMO for the purpose of receiving reutilized materials. Upon being notified by the NAVELSG FWD Supply Officer, Ms. Rockett worked to create a proper receiving address for NAVELSG to include its operations in the CENTCOM Area of Operations. This made it possible for NAVELSG FWD to save thousands of dollars in expenditures, by reutilizing refurbished materials in theater vice buying new materials. This is crucial in a fiscally austere environment where creative logistics acquisition is necessary for a unit to function. Ms. Rockett's swift action and personal attention to detail have been of great assistance to the current deployed rotation and the subsequent rotations to follow.
Please present her with this letter of appreciation and Command Coin for excellence as a token of our thanks for your efforts.
D. R. Pionk Group CDR, NAVELSG FWD
From: Commanding Officer
To: (Service Member's Name, Branch of Service, SSN)
Subj: LETTER OF APPRECIATION
1. I commend you for the outstanding support you have given to the N75 Indoc Division from (Date) to (Date). Your work as Assistant Leading Petty Officer helped maintain accountability for all personnel checking aboard the command and ensured all training goals were met in a timely manner.
2. I extend my sincere appreciation for your hard work.
For your service to the United State Navy during your 22 year career from ____ to ____. With your service comes a legacy of Navy tradition and heritage that I thank you for carrying on even beyond the end of your service. Our Navy is what it is today because of the foundations that you helped to build and forge.
Thank you shipmate for carrying the torch and lighting the way, leading other sailors so that they might complete the mission at hand.
1. In recognition of your outstanding support to the SI110 students as a Midshipman Group Study Program (MGSP) Leader, I would like to personally thank you for your leadership and expertise in the SI110 MGSP during Fall 2012 academic semester. You provided significant support and extra instruction to the SI110 students at a critical point during the first ever offering of a Cyber Security curriculum to the plebe class of 2015. These students had no other tutor services available to them to supplement time with their instructors. The time you devoted was a tremendous asset to the effectiveness of the delivery of the course and the education of the students.
For superior performance of his duties while serving as a student at NDSTC. ITSN Daugherty vollunteered for over 85 hours of community service, to include Bay County High School, the local Panama City library and two local food drives. His unwavering determination, sense of duty and exceptional effort contributed to the improvement of the community, credit to the US Navy and to NDSTC. Job well done!
This letter is my personal recommendation for Petty Officer Bingham. Until just recently, I have been Bingham's immediate supervisor for several years. I found her to be consistently pleasant, tackling all assignments with dedication and a smile.
Besides being a joy to work with, LS3 is a take-charge person whose leadership and organizational skills have been invaluable to the unit. Though she was an asset to our unit, LS3 was also extraordinarily helpful in other areas of the NOSC. I highly recommend Petty office Bingham for the FTS program. She is a team player and would make a great asset to any organization.