Letters of Recommendation
1. Please accept this letter as my strongest possible personal recommendation for Intelligence Specialist First Class Name be accepted for commissioning as a Naval Officer - if you have only one selection, ISl Name is your pick!
2. I have the opportunity to observe IS1 Name in action here in *region*. An extraordinary Petty Officer, she continues to demonstrate the maturity, leadership, and dedication we seek in our officer corps. You will not find a more impressive candidate - none! Promoted to First Class Petty Officer during her first month at *UNIT*, she has not looked back. Our "subject matter expert" on the countries of *country* and *country*, she is an articulate analyst and a polished briefer, providing numerous updates to the Commanding General and the entire *unit* leadership team. Confident, poised, and professional.
3. Engaged and active across the staff, Petty Officer Name has devoted herself to self improvement,taking on leadership positions usually filled by more senior non-commissioned officers. Performing brilliantly as the LPO of her CPO 365 ship, she has also volunteered as a Command Fitness Leader and Command Foreign Disclosure Representative. Setting an outstanding example, everyone on the staff knows Petty Officer Name!
4. l could go on-and-on, but I am confident a review of her record will prove she has all the tools to excel as a Naval Officer. I look forward to welcoming Ensign Name into the officer wardroom and have no doubt she will serve the intelligence community, our navy, and our nation with pride and zeal. If I can provide any additional information, please don't hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Airman Armstrong has my strongest possible recommendation for selection to the Dive Medical Technician/Fleet Marine Force Reconnaissance Program. Standing a cut above his peers, he is a prime example of the Navy Core Values, a superior leader, manager, and organizer, who exhibits virtually unlimited potential. Airman Armstrong's appearance both on and off duty is a model for junior Sailors to emulate. He is guaranteed to excel as a member of the Corpsman Community.
1. Petty Officer Armstrong serves the Navy above and beyond the call of duty through her expert and skilled leadership of both her peers and junior Sailors alike. She requires no rudder as she consistently demonstrates exceptional leadership and unrivaled determination in helping NIOC Norfolk to achieve its mission.
2. Building upon the foundation of Sailorization, she provides directional insight for her junior Sailors to successfully navigate through the challenges and early stages of their Naval careers. As a poised intelligence professional, Petty Officer Armstrong was hand-selected among a group of highly competitive peers to represent her work center in briefing the quarterly Cyber threat briefs to the highest levels of command leadership.
This letter is my personal recommendation for Petty Officer Bingham. Until just recently, I have been Bingham's immediate supervisor for several years. I found her to be consistently pleasant, tackling all assignments with dedication and a smile.
Besides being a joy to work with, LS3 is a take-charge person whose leadership and organizational skills have been invaluable to the unit. Though she was an asset to our unit, LS3 was also extraordinarily helpful in other areas of the NOSC. I highly recommend Petty office Bingham for the FTS program. She is a team player and would make a great asset to any organization.
This letter is my personal recommendation for Justin's Gersner's enlistment in the United States Navy. He is extremely intelligent, loyal, dependable and will be a great asset to whatever rate and/or rank he desires to achieve.
As he has proved in his current employment, he is a very quick learner, has achieved a supervisory position in a short period of time and shows leadership abilities which will serve the Navy well. Personally, I've come to think of Justin as a friend because of strong moral character, his devotion to his family and friends, his sense of responsibility and duty and I hope for that he decides to become a member of our family by becoming our son-in-law.
In conclusion, it would serve the interest of the United State Navy to seriously consider Justin Gersner's enlistment in becoming a member of your branch.
Letter of Recommendation: James S. Sutterlin
17 North Chatsworth Ave. Apt. 6KL
Larchmont, NY 10538
Telephone and Fax 914 834 3902
May 8, 2017
To Whom it May Concern,
I am a retired Foreign Service Officer (Inspector General of the Foreign Service), a retired senior member of the United Nations Secretariat, and Distinguished Fellow and Instructor at Yale University. I am writing this memorandum to recommend Forrest Weaver for admission to the United States Navy. Because of my need for various types of assistance since my retirement, I engaged the services of Mr. Weaver to help me, on the recommendation of one of his professors at the graduate school of the City University of New York in which he is now enrolled. Forrest Weaver has now been working for me for almost one year. His tasks are manifold, including maintenance of my financial records, payment of my obligations, summarizing for me incoming correspondence, including scholarly and literary works, and assisting me in the academic and literary writing that I undertake. To perform these functions Mr. Weaver requires a broad education and a keen intelligence.
Forrest Weaver meets all of the requirements listed above. His educational background covers both scientific and humanistic criteria. He is quick in grasping the sense of what is needed, whether it be in the maintenance of a bank account or the correction of a literary composition. He is always willing to learn if new knowledge is needed in completing his work. He has the initiative and the independence of mind to suggest corrections or improvements in works in progress when this may be in order. In summary, I have come to value his assistance highly as a young man of great promise in whatever career he may choose.
Mr. Weaver has spoken to me about various career options that he has considered and has told me of his decision to apply for admission to the United States Navy. He told me that he has given this extensive thought, taking into account, among other things, that there is some history in his family of service in the Navy. I believe that he will make a loyal, skillful and nimble Navy officer. He has shown, in my opinion, all the necessary attributes (I'm familiar with the scores of the tests he has taken). I can recommend Forrest Weaver, without reservation, for acceptance and service in the United States Navy.
James S. Sutterlin
United States Foreign Service Officer (Retired)
Senior Assistant and Speechwriter for the United Nations Secretary General
Distinguished Fellow and Instructor, Yale University
Adjunct Professor of Political Science, Long Island University
21 February 2013
Letter of Recommendation:
MEMORANDUM FOR WHOM IT MAY CONCERN
FROM: 11 XXX/XXXX
SUBJECT: Letter of Recommendation for Petty Officer Second Class (First Last)
1. I am pleased to provide my strongest recommendation for Petty Officer Second Class (First Last) to hold your next position as an instructor for (Job). She is a dynamic individual with impeccable bearing, positive attitude, and tireless work ethic. Moreover, her talents and leadership qualities have been instrumental towards a variety of domains, which have made people around her professionally grow and possess infectious unions.
2. (Name) is the type of Sailor we need leading from the front. Furthermore, she is what I consider to be a “hard charger”; outshining her peers by multiple degrees. I have known her since (date), and during that time, she has impressed me as a bright, articulate, enthusiastic, reliable and very capable NCO and person. As her (how you know her, supervisor), there were many times I relied on her to perform tasks; she came through each time without complaint or hesitation. What’s more is she would be the one I leaned on to keep the department organized, productive, and within standards as she shared her experiences and knowledge to keep the integrity of what the Navy expects from our future Sailors, thus earning Sailor of the Year.
3. As a (duty position), (name) has proven her performance ability since the start of her career. She has pursued several managerial and public opportunities, to include: managing the (...), coordinating deployment processing lines, and overseeing (...). Her primary duties aren’t the only activities that are noteworthy; she has also demonstrated an adept speaking aptitude: educating 1,500 deployers on (...), and reading scripts at the unit commander’s call. As you can see, she is the complete package and if I were the hiring authority, I would hire her in an instant!
4. Having been an (your experience or position)and having (X) years of Navy experience, I understand what it takes to fulfill a high profile “special duty.” So again, I urge you to consider Andrea(name) for the position and I guarantee she will not disappoint; rather, she will continue to excel in this important duty. If you need additional information or would like to discuss my recommendation in greater detail, please contact me at DSN XXX-XXXX during normal duty hours Pacific Time or email me at email@example.com.
26 Dec 2012
To Whom it May Concern,
I have known Jayce Yeager for over two years (2008 - 2010). I was an immediate supervisor during his employment here at the Napa Distribution Center in Anchorage, Alaska. Jayce's responsibility was to keep the different sections of the DC stocked with appropriate product in that area. He worked in all the sections of the DC and was familiar with all the functions necessary for the DC to operate.
Jayce didn't require supervision and always completed his responsibilities as quickly as possible. His assigned area was always among the best stocked and neatest in the store. When he finished his duties, he frequently assisted other employees in their areas. He was well liked and an asset to our store. His co-workers frequently depended on his advice and his versatile and outstanding performance was recognized by DC management. He went beyond his duties as stocker and went on to will call position. Which is a function at the DC to pick parts for the local stores that are high priority.
In summary, I would not hesitate to recommend Jayce for any position he applies for. He is an intelligent, dependable, and capable worker. In my opinion he has all the skills necessary to be an effective supervisor and I hope that his next position is more challenging and rewarding because he certainly deserves it. His loyalty is beyond reproach.
Quality Assurance Manager
MEMORANDUM FOR HQ ARSTRAT/XO
SUBJECT: Recommendation for Special Duty XXXXXXXX
1. Staff Sergeant Roscoe P. Coleman, 123-45-6789, is an intelligent, mature individual who learns easily, retains what he is taught, and is able to apply his knowledge in his daily work. He always produces quality work, even under stress, and is completely reliable. Sergeant Coleman's job performance is outstanding. In addition, he communicates well with supervisors and peers alike. He's also very courteous and his appearance is an example to others.
2. Sergeant Coleman would be an excellent choice for this sensitive position and I recommend him wholeheartedly and without reservation.