Back to Navy Eval Page
- INSPIRING LEADER. Enthusiastically led 12 instructors. Results: graduated an unprecedented 523 new accession and fleet returnees attending 42 iterations of OPINTEL and GCCS-M INTEL APPS; 100% of subordinates qualified as Master Training Specialists; authored winning, domain-wide 2009 Sailor of the Year package.
-Petty Officer Melton's motivation and initiative were evident as he sought out his 210/220/310 collateral duty inspector qualification, plane captain, APU instructor, blade fold operator, general support equipment, and was tasked as Avionics day shift supervisor, all in less than sixty days after checking into the command.
-Flawlessly managed the squadrons FOD program, a billet generally assigned to a First Class Petty Officer.
- A dynamic Senior Enlisted Advisor, he bridged the gap between the ranks and increased overall satisfaction at work.
- A moral leader, committed to providing the best quality of life and training for Sailors
- A respected leader, he sets and expects stringent, yet achievable, performance standards for subordinates.
- A self-starter, he completes many tasks before others realize that they need to be done.
- Active involvement reduced PRT failures to 10 percent for the first time in two years.
- Agile technical ability and foresight was directly responsible for successful transition from traditional three-level maintenance to evolving two-level standard.
- An example to his peers and subordinates. Always placed mission first and has an unquestionable devotion to duty
- As a member of the MWR Heritage Committee and the Coalition of Sailors Against Destructive Decisions, she played an active role in encouraging smart decisions by military members.
- As BEQ Liaison, his sound and logical leadership brought the barracks into compliance with MED IG standards. He obtained approval for over $400k in upgrades which dramatically improved the residents' quality of life.
- As the Command Mentor Coordinator, he instituted a Mentorship Program which benefited 50 sailors and resulted in 100% retention, increased off-duty education, and improved morale and productivity.
- Assumed full oversight of the special warfare program; improved prospecting practices and mentorship of program candidates and achieved program goals ahead of schedule for all of FY10
- By consistent cross-training of personnel, he developed a versatile and effective Navigation Team which successfully piloted the ship through numerous unfamiliar ports under the worst visibility conditions ever encountered by this group.
- By personal example, he inspired his subordinates to strive for increasing levels of excellence and provided a motivational catalyst for their success.
- CM3 Smith's commitment to excellence led the way to success for Bravo Company and NMCB 21.
- CMD DAPA. Headed the base-wide alcohol de-glamorization campaign; through aggressive coordination with tenant commands and off-base businesses, his preventive efforts produced a 50% reduction in alcohol related incidents.
- Coached shipmates to win both ship and Group Junior Sailor of the Quarter Boards
BMCS Smith is a seasoned leader and administrator who has proven that he can excel in any position.
Inspirational Leader. He trained his junior yeomen to run the ship’s office in his absence and developed a comprehensive collection of Standard Operating Procedures to increase office efficiency. He mentored all sailors within the department and set the highest standards for customer service and championed the crew's needs in all respects.
Selected from among his peers to serve as Auxiliary Division LCPO for newly-commissioned Arleigh Burke class destroyer, DG-106
CMD DAPA. Headed base-wide alcohol de-glamorization campaign; through aggressive coordination with tenant commands and off-base businesses, his preventive efforts resulted in a 50% reduction in alcohol related incidents.
- Dedicated and invested in our Navy, he demands involvement. He volunteered for a difficult but successful nine-month IA. He was certified early as CTF67 Task Force Watch Supervisor and has made impressive progress in his graduate studies.
Role Model. Positively impacted Command by establishing professional and productive work climate and successfully completing all Pre-commissioning Unit Instructions. Thoroughly reviewed ship capacity and services to ensure incoming personnel requirements will be met or exceeded. His in-depth analysis identified overlooked provisioning and improved deployment readiness.
- A brilliant manager who is committed to total quality. Through his guidance and technical expertise he was directly responsible for the line division receiving grades of outstanding on work center quarterly audits.
-Effectively led and inspired sub-standard sailors to willingly improve and perform to Navy standards
-Her superb managerial skills pushed our clinic to win the TRICARE Regional Access Award for 2 consecutive years.
-Implemented a workcenter physical training program which increased their PRT average by 30% while deployed.
-Unparalleled enthusiasm; possesses an out-in-front leadership style and the attributes of today's model CPO and leader.
-Proven management skills set him apart from peers; transformed workcenter from sub-standard to compliant or better. Promote ASAP!
-Selected to lead a joint theater team which discovered, targeted, and performed damage assessment on hundreds of key targets--critical to mission success
STANDOUT MENTOR. His "Stay Navy" attitude was directly responsible for attaining 100% retention.
-Provided constant training for subordinate personnel assigned to the program management unit. This greatly increased supply support and strengthened lines of communication between tenant commands and the supply department.
-Trained 3 Watch Officer successors in half the usual time required; increased shift expertise 75%.
-Expertly prepared his department for a Eastern Atlantic deployment. Ensured NAV/OPS Department was always in excellent material condition and ready for sustained effective performace at sea. A self-starter, he completes many tasks before others realize that they need to be done.
-Standards and professional competence generated immediate confidence/improved subordinate morale
-Oversaw On-the-job training program resulting in seven seamen receiving their upgraded status ahead of schedule
-SUPERIOR LEADER! United a team of joint service NCOs and 14 civilians to man a 24-hour command center providing up-to-the-minute, real-time management of all critical data communications traversing EUCOM. Analyzed impact of circuit outages and directed restorals based on priority and close coordination with organizational Commander
-A respected leader, sets and expects stringent, yet achievable, performance standards for subordinates.
-Enrolled every seaman in his workcenter in the CLEP Program to earn college credit.
-Implemented a maintenance program that increased the Construction Battalion Unit's overall operational readiness rate from 50% to over 90% in only 6 months.
-United a team of active duty and reserve seamen into one cohesive and productive organization.
-Superb Leader. Selected over more Senior Petty Officers to supervise two Avionic workcenters, he quickly established himself as an outstanding manager and administrator.
-Firmly supports squadron. Single handedly resurrected a demoralized first class association and established "can do" spirit. Intimately involved in planning and executed numerous successful fund raising projects.
Motivated and driven leader. Selected over peers to manage training for the Operations Group as Training Superintendent, an E7 position. With little support, she developed her division of 18 Sailors and 9 joint service personnel into a well-qualified and efficient team. Her determined efforts earned numerous accolades during the IG inspection and produced more than 240 certifications in all watch floor positions. These stunning results led to her department earning Blue Jacket of the Year 09.
-A dynamic Senior Enlisted Advisor (SEA), increased communication between the ranks, increased overall satisfaction at work
-Enforced military standards and chain of command for Navy and sister services--increased members' pride in service
EXCEPTIONAL MENTOR. His troops always win competition--3 Network Managers of Month!
-Instituted new quality control inspection procedures raising customer satisfaction 25%
-Led main repair crew to repair 4" water line; directed damaged line exposure/fix, prevented K in contractor costs
-Expertly led the squadron enlisted members during the COMNAVSURFPAC IMX in June 2007, his efforts were praised by the Nuclear Propulsion Inspection Team inspectors, provided superb leadership inside the Damage Control Center (DCC)
-Mentored 2 PO and 4 joint military. Chaired 3 Career Development Boards ensuring discrepancies were corrected in their official records. Additionally, he developed a Joint Mentorship Program that fosters a climate of camraderie throughout the command providing guidance to over 40 tri-service personal resulting in 80% retention.
-Solid performer; displays exceptional leadership qualities /abilities--recommend promotion soonest
-PO Smith is an outstanding motivator of seamen. He always achieves superior results.
-Led by example while executing over 30 challenging training operations; conducted thorough readiness training drills to ensure his Sailors were always prepared for any eventuality.
-Distinguished herself from her peers with her initiative and unmatched technical expertise while continuing to learn from others
-Selected for the Leading Chief Petty Officer Leadership Course over other CPOs.
-Sets the example. Elected as President of the DISA-EUR Chief Petty Officers Association.
-Consistently developed new ways to improve logistic training and Standard Operating Procedure development.
-Displayed a genuine concern for sailors. Motivated his crew to perform to the best of their ability as individuals and as a unit.
-Stellar CPO who leads by example; invaluable asset to the Naval Service Training Command mission; must promote.
-Displays exceptional leadership qualities; ability to get the job done; recommend promotion/retention.
-Implemented an internal random evaluation program for her workcenter that increased formal evaluation scores by 50%.
New content is posted daily. Check back tomorrow for more examples.
The best book on Navy Evals available today! Available on Amazon or download now in Kindle format.