Organizing, Motivating, and Developing Others to Accomplish Goals
RETURN TO NAVY VALUES. A mature and strong leader, she enforced standards and ensured superior performance was recognized and rewarded.
SUPERIOR LEADERSHIP. For six months, as Fleet Transition Program Manager, impeccably supervised over 20 junior sailors desiring to cross-rate to SO or SB. Conducted 200+ hours of physical training, contributing to 12 candidates selected to attend SEAL Training, and increasing the Navy's ability to meet growth initiatives for Naval Special Warfare.
-Leader within command, faciliated command-wide advancement/BMR training; 50% advancement rate; facilitated petty officer selectee leadership training for newly selected PO1's; arranged traditional frocking of newly selected PO1.
- He mentored all Sailors within the department, set the highest standards for customer service, and championed the crew's needs in all respects.
- He passed down knowledge and experience gained to junior Sailors, ensuring the proper training of the next generation of naval professionals.
- He revived and led the 1st Class Petty Officers’ Association of over 100 Junior Officers, increasing morale and teamwork.
- Her superb managerial skills pushed our clinic to win the TRICARE Regional Access Award for 2 consecutive years.
- His diligent and detailed management of the ship's store earned a grade of Excellent during the Logistic Management Assessment.
- His lead from the front approach consistently produced exceptional results; his division earned an unparalleled overall score of 98% during our 3M assessment.
- His outstanding administration of the divisional 3-M program resulted in zero deficiencies during Type Commander 3-M inspections
- His tenacious attitude and commitment to putting group goals ahead of personal priorities was inspirational and motivated his peers to deliver the most accurate and capable system possible.
- Implemented a maintenance program that increased the Construction Battalion Unit's overall operational readiness rate from 50% to over 90% in only 6 months
- Implemented an internal random evaluation program for her workcenter that increased formal evaluation scores by 50% in just six weeks.
- Innovative administrator. Supported 9 active aviation maintenance activities and 3 detachments with all required tools and parts. His increased interaction with supported units increased focus on expected service and dramatically reduced delays and lowered the non-capable status to lowest level in 5 years.
- Inspirational Leader. He trained his junior yeomen to run the ship’s office in his absence and developed a comprehensive collection of Standard Operating Procedures to increase efficiency.
- Led a section of 8 Second Class Petty Officers in the performance of weekly personnel and unit inspections which reinforced goals, improved performance, and increased morale.
- Led a team of Sailors in the structural realignment and maintenance of over 3,000 square feet of patient care spaces resulting in an estimated Command cost savings of $50,000
- Led and trained seven personnel during our participation in three global exercises; dramatically expanded their skill set and confidence.
- Led by coaching, always providing positive reinforcement to motivate personnel to improve, both professionally and personally.
- Led by example while executing over 30 challenging training operations; conducted thorough readiness training drills to ensure his Sailors were always prepared for any eventuality.
- Superior leadership skills fostered most united team on ship; workcenter had least reported EO incidents in fleet
- EXPERIENCED LEADERSHIP. Management and supervisory skills command maximum performance and ensure combat readiness. Dynamic leadership of Communications/Watch Department throughout the ship's first Persian Gulf deployment, safely traversing 12,000 nautical miles, can be summed up in one word: Magnificent!
EFFECTIVE TRAINER! Ensured sailors rotated positions during normal cruising watches to provide broadest possible experience which increased crew qualification and capability.
DEDICATED TO NAVY's CORE VALUES. Ensured that all Sailors are given the opportunity to excel within the workcenter, thereby increasing in-rate satisfaction and ultimately, retention.
- Selected by commander for his subtle yet effective leadership style to head up Organizational Climate program
- Prepared his department for an East PAC deployment. Ensured NAV/OPS department was always in excellent material condition and ready for sustained performace at sea.
DYNAMIC LEADER and MENTOR. His success in filling critical manning deficiencies enabled DISA-EUR to maintain the highest state of operational readiness.
- A brilliant manager who is committed to total quality. Through his guidance and technical expertise he was directly responsible for the line division receiving grades of outstanding on work center quarterly audits.
-Effectively led and inspired sub-standard sailors to willingly improve and perform to Navy standards
-Her superb managerial skills pushed our clinic to win the TRICARE Regional Access Award for 2 consecutive years.
-Implemented a workcenter physical training program which increased their PRT average by 30% while deployed.
-Unparalleled enthusiasm; possesses an out-in-front leadership style and the attributes of today's model CPO and leader.
-Proven management skills set him apart from peers; transformed workcenter from sub-standard to compliant or better. Promote ASAP!
-Selected to lead a joint theater team which discovered, targeted, and performed damage assessment on hundreds of key targets--critical to mission success
STANDOUT MENTOR. His "Stay Navy" attitude was directly responsible for attaining 100% retention.
-Provided constant training for subordinate personnel assigned to the program management unit. This greatly increased supply support and strengthened lines of communication between tenant commands and the supply department.
-Trained 3 Watch Officer successors in half the usual time required; increased shift expertise 75%.
-Expertly prepared his department for a Eastern Atlantic deployment. Ensured NAV/OPS Department was always in excellent material condition and ready for sustained effective performace at sea. A self-starter, he completes many tasks before others realize that they need to be done.
-Standards and professional competence generated immediate confidence/improved subordinate morale
-Oversaw On-the-job training program resulting in seven seamen receiving their upgraded status ahead of schedule
-SUPERIOR LEADER! United a team of joint service NCOs and 14 civilians to man a 24-hour command center providing up-to-the-minute, real-time management of all critical data communications traversing EUCOM. Analyzed impact of circuit outages and directed restorals based on priority and close coordination with organizational Commander
-A respected leader, sets and expects stringent, yet achievable, performance standards for subordinates.
-Enrolled every seaman in his workcenter in the CLEP Program to earn college credit.
-Implemented a maintenance program that increased the Construction Battalion Unit's overall operational readiness rate from 50% to over 90% in only 6 months.
-United a team of active duty and reserve seamen into one cohesive and productive organization.
-Superb Leader. Selected over more Senior Petty Officers to supervise two Avionic workcenters, he quickly established himself as an outstanding manager and administrator.
-Firmly supports squadron. Single handedly resurrected a demoralized first class association and established "can do" spirit. Intimately involved in planning and executed numerous successful fund raising projects.
Motivated and driven leader. Selected over peers to manage training for the Operations Group as Training Superintendent, an E7 position. With little support, she developed her division of 18 Sailors and 9 joint service personnel into a well-qualified and efficient team. Her determined efforts earned numerous accolades during the IG inspection and produced more than 240 certifications in all watch floor positions. These stunning results led to her department earning Blue Jacket of the Year 09.
-A dynamic Senior Enlisted Advisor (SEA), increased communication between the ranks, increased overall satisfaction at work
-Enforced military standards and chain of command for Navy and sister services--increased members' pride in service
EXCEPTIONAL MENTOR. His troops always win competition--3 Network Managers of Month!
-Instituted new quality control inspection procedures raising customer satisfaction 25%
-Led main repair crew to repair 4" water line; directed damaged line exposure/fix, prevented K in contractor costs
-Expertly led the squadron enlisted members during the COMNAVSURFPAC IMX in June 2007, his efforts were praised by the Nuclear Propulsion Inspection Team inspectors, provided superb leadership inside the Damage Control Center (DCC)
-Mentored 2 PO and 4 joint military. Chaired 3 Career Development Boards ensuring discrepancies were corrected in their official records. Additionally, he developed a Joint Mentorship Program that fosters a climate of camraderie throughout the command providing guidance to over 40 tri-service personal resulting in 80% retention.
-Solid performer; displays exceptional leadership qualities /abilities--recommend promotion soonest
-PO Smith is an outstanding motivator of seamen. He always achieves superior results.
-Led by example while executing over 30 challenging training operations; conducted thorough readiness training drills to ensure his Sailors were always prepared for any eventuality.
-Distinguished herself from her peers with her initiative and unmatched technical expertise while continuing to learn from others
-Selected for the Leading Chief Petty Officer Leadership Course over other CPOs.
-Sets the example. Elected as President of the DISA-EUR Chief Petty Officers Association.
-Consistently developed new ways to improve logistic training and Standard Operating Procedure development.
-Displayed a genuine concern for sailors. Motivated his crew to perform to the best of their ability as individuals and as a unit.
-Stellar CPO who leads by example; invaluable asset to the Naval Service Training Command mission; must promote.
-Displays exceptional leadership qualities; ability to get the job done; recommend promotion/retention.
-Implemented an internal random evaluation program for her workcenter that increased formal evaluation scores by 50%.
New content is posted daily. Check back tomorrow for more examples.
The best book on Navy Evals available today!