Organizing, Motivating, and Developing Others to Accomplish Goals
-Leader within command, faciliated command-wide advancement/BMR training; 50% advancement rate; facilitated petty officer selectee leadership training for newly selected PO1's; arranged traditional frocking of newly selected PO1.
- He mentored all Sailors within the department, set the highest standards for customer service, and championed the crew's needs in all respects.
- He passed down knowledge and experience gained to junior Sailors, ensuring the proper training of the next generation of naval professionals.
- He revived and led the 1st Class Petty Officers’ Association of over 100 Junior Officers, increasing morale and teamwork.
- Her superb managerial skills pushed our clinic to win the TRICARE Regional Access Award for 2 consecutive years.
- His diligent and detailed management of the ship's store earned a grade of Excellent during the Logistic Management Assessment.
- His lead from the front approach consistently produced exceptional results; his division earned an unparalleled overall score of 98% during our 3M assessment.
- His outstanding administration of the divisional 3-M program resulted in zero deficiencies during Type Commander 3-M inspections
- His tenacious attitude and commitment to putting group goals ahead of personal priorities was inspirational and motivated his peers to deliver the most accurate and capable system possible.
- Implemented a maintenance program that increased the Construction Battalion Unit's overall operational readiness rate from 50% to over 90% in only 6 months
- Implemented an internal random evaluation program for her workcenter that increased formal evaluation scores by 50% in just six weeks.
- Innovative administrator. Supported 9 active aviation maintenance activities and 3 detachments with all required tools and parts. His increased interaction with supported units increased focus on expected service and dramatically reduced delays and lowered the non-capable status to lowest level in 5 years.
- Inspirational Leader. He trained his junior yeomen to run the ship’s office in his absence and developed a comprehensive collection of Standard Operating Procedures to increase efficiency.
- Led a section of 8 Second Class Petty Officers in the performance of weekly personnel and unit inspections which reinforced goals, improved performance, and increased morale.
- Led a team of Sailors in the structural realignment and maintenance of over 3,000 square feet of patient care spaces resulting in an estimated Command cost savings of $50,000
- Led and trained seven personnel during our participation in three global exercises; dramatically expanded their skill set and confidence.
- Led by coaching, always providing positive reinforcement to motivate personnel to improve, both professionally and personally.
- Led by example while executing over 30 challenging training operations; conducted thorough readiness training drills to ensure his Sailors were always prepared for any eventuality.
- Superior leadership skills fostered most united team on ship; workcenter had least reported EO incidents in fleet
- EXPERIENCED LEADERSHIP. Management and supervisory skills command maximum performance and ensure combat readiness. Dynamic leadership of Communications/Watch Department throughout the ship's first Persian Gulf deployment, safely traversing 12,000 nautical miles, can be summed up in one word: Magnificent!
EFFECTIVE TRAINER! Ensured sailors rotated positions during normal cruising watches to provide broadest possible experience which increased crew qualification and capability.
DEDICATED TO NAVY's CORE VALUES. Ensured that all Sailors are given the opportunity to excel within the workcenter, thereby increasing in-rate satisfaction and ultimately, retention.
- Selected by commander for his subtle yet effective leadership style to head up Organizational Climate program
- Prepared his department for an East PAC deployment. Ensured NAV/OPS department was always in excellent material condition and ready for sustained performace at sea.
DYNAMIC LEADER and MENTOR. His success in filling critical manning deficiencies enabled DISA-EUR to maintain the highest state of operational readiness.
-SUPERB MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP SKILLS. Directly contributed to Power Plants Branch receiving an OUTSTANDING during a recent COMATKWINGLANT inspection.
- Extremely versatile Sailor. Constantly explores new ways to contribute to Command enhancement and Sailorization.
-Expertly prepared his department for a Eastern Atlantic deployment. Ensured NAV/OPS Department was always in excellent material condition and ready for sustained effective performace at sea. A self-starter, he completes many tasks before others realize that they need to be done.
-Standards and professional competence generated immediate confidence/improved subordinate morale
-Oversaw On-the-job training program resulting in seven seamen receiving their upgraded status ahead of schedule
-Spearheaded new USS CONSTITUTION-like CPO inductee event aboard USS MISSOURI--promoted pride in Navy service
-Led tank reseal team; reduced fuel leak delayed discrepancies to 0.6 per aircraft--bested Fleet goal by 80%
-Demonstrated outstanding leadership skills as team chief; increased productivity by 40%
-Superlative manager and instructor. Overall training coordinator for maintenance data system, resulting in a marked improvement in overall mission readiness.
-Instituted new quality control inspection procedures raising customer satisfaction 25%
-Led main repair crew to repair 4" water line; directed damaged line exposure/fix, prevented K in contractor costs
-Expertly led the squadron enlisted members during the COMNAVSURFPAC IMX in June 2007, his efforts were praised by the Nuclear Propulsion Inspection Team inspectors, provided superb leadership inside the Damage Control Center (DCC)
-Mentored 2 PO and 4 joint military. Chaired 3 Career Development Boards ensuring discrepancies were corrected in their official records. Additionally, he developed a Joint Mentorship Program that fosters a climate of camraderie throughout the command providing guidance to over 40 tri-service personal resulting in 80% retention.
-Solid performer; displays exceptional leadership qualities /abilities--recommend promotion soonest
-PO Smith is an outstanding motivator of seamen. He always achieves superior results.
-Led by example while executing over 30 challenging training operations; conducted thorough readiness training drills to ensure his Sailors were always prepared for any eventuality.
-A respected leader, sets and expects stringent, yet achievable, performance standards for subordinates.
-Enrolled every seaman in his workcenter in the CLEP Program to earn college credit.
-Exceptional manager. Trained inexperienced personnel thoroughly and expeditiously, increasing maintenance capability of workcenter and significantly improving material condition of aircraft.
DECK PLATE LEADER AND MENTOR: As the Command Mentor Coordinator, he instituted a Mentorship Program which benefited 50 sailors, resulting in a 100% retention, increased off-duty education by 75%, and improved morale and productivity.
-Gifted leader. Directly responsible for turning around the production effectiveness of airframes workcenter, resulting in grades of outstanding on QA and COMATKWINGLANT audits.
- As BEQ Liaison, his superb, sound and reasoned leadership brought the barracks within MED IG standards. Obtained approval of over k for upgrades, which dramatically improved residents' quality of life.
-PEERLESS LEADER! Selected as vice-president of DISA-PAC Chief Petty Officers Association.
-Displays exceptional leadership qualities; ability to get the job done; recommend promotion/retention
-MENTOR AND LEADER: As Senior Enlisted Leader, solved many housing, medical, & personnel issues; the cornerstone of our team, taking care of our sailors is his top concern.
-Managed 20 personnel workcenter in direct support of U.S. Pacific Command--exceeded all assigned goals!
-SUCCESSFUL MENTOR. Consistently gets the best from the best. Three PNM (Pacific Network Managers) of the Month, Two PNM of the Quarter, and One DISA NCO of the year!
-Mature leader; won't compromise standards, enforced highest USFLTFORCOM standards of conduct
-Selfless Mentor. His counseling and leadership resulted in his only military subordinate earning SOY for DISA-EUR and his efforts on several boards produced both SOY DISA-EUR and Sailor of the Year DISA. Puts new meaning into the phrase "taking care of Sailors".
-Ensured his sailors were qualified in at least two positions--increased watch readiness!
-Briefed junior Airmen at Airmen Leadership School on Navy's Evaluation System
-Superb administrator. Directly responsible for his workcenter receiving an adjective grade of outstanding on two consecutive Quality Assurance Audits.
-Inspired unit to consistently exceed training standards.
-An example to his peers and subordinates. Always placed mission first and has an unquestionable devotion to duty.
-Directly responsible for supervising the Nimitz's personnel office; received commendable rating during Cl
-Effectively led and inspired sub-standard sailors to willingly improve and perform to Navy standards
-Her superb managerial skills pushed our clinic to win the TRICARE Regional Access Award for 2 consecutive years.
-Implemented a workcenter physical training program which increased their PRT average by 30% while deployed.
-Unparalleled enthusiasm; possesses an out-in-front leadership style and the attributes of today's model CPO and leader.
-Proven management skills set him apart from peers; transformed workcenter from sub-standard to compliant or better. Promote ASAP!
New content is posted daily. Check back tomorrow for more examples.
The best book on Navy Evals available today! Available on Amazon or download now in Kindle format.