Organizing, Motivating, and Developing Others to Accomplish Goals
COMMAND PRESENCE- Volunteered to become the CMEO and stood up a nonexistent program in only 7 months. His active communication throughout his command, the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), and the Defense Equal Opportunity Management Institute (DEOMI) has ensured a fully compliant, top notch CMEO program.
- INSPIRING LEADER. Enthusiastically led 12 instructors. Results: graduated an unprecedented 523 new accession and fleet returnees attending 42 iterations of OPINTEL and GCCS-M INTEL APPS; 100% of subordinates qualified as Master Training Specialists; authored winning, domain-wide 2009 Sailor of the Year package.
-Petty Officer Melton's motivation and initiative were evident as he sought out his 210/220/310 collateral duty inspector qualification, plane captain, APU instructor, blade fold operator, general support equipment, and was tasked as Avionics day shift supervisor, all in less than sixty days after checking into the command.
-Flawlessly managed the squadrons FOD program, a billet generally assigned to a First Class Petty Officer.
- A dynamic Senior Enlisted Advisor, he bridged the gap between the ranks and increased overall satisfaction at work.
- A moral leader, committed to providing the best quality of life and training for Sailors
- A respected leader, he sets and expects stringent, yet achievable, performance standards for subordinates.
- A self-starter, he completes many tasks before others realize that they need to be done.
- Active involvement reduced PRT failures to 10 percent for the first time in two years.
- Agile technical ability and foresight was directly responsible for successful transition from traditional three-level maintenance to evolving two-level standard.
- An example to his peers and subordinates. Always placed mission first and has an unquestionable devotion to duty
- As a member of the MWR Heritage Committee and the Coalition of Sailors Against Destructive Decisions, she played an active role in encouraging smart decisions by military members.
- As BEQ Liaison, his sound and logical leadership brought the barracks into compliance with MED IG standards. He obtained approval for over $400k in upgrades which dramatically improved the residents' quality of life.
- As the Command Mentor Coordinator, he instituted a Mentorship Program which benefited 50 sailors and resulted in 100% retention, increased off-duty education, and improved morale and productivity.
- Assumed full oversight of the special warfare program; improved prospecting practices and mentorship of program candidates and achieved program goals ahead of schedule for all of FY10
- By consistent cross-training of personnel, he developed a versatile and effective Navigation Team which successfully piloted the ship through numerous unfamiliar ports under the worst visibility conditions ever encountered by this group.
- By personal example, he inspired his subordinates to strive for increasing levels of excellence and provided a motivational catalyst for their success.
- CM3 Smith's commitment to excellence led the way to success for Bravo Company and NMCB 21.
- CMD DAPA. Headed the base-wide alcohol de-glamorization campaign; through aggressive coordination with tenant commands and off-base businesses, his preventive efforts produced a 50% reduction in alcohol related incidents.
- Coached shipmates to win both ship and Group Junior Sailor of the Quarter Boards
BMCS Smith is a seasoned leader and administrator who has proven that he can excel in any position.
Inspirational Leader. He trained his junior yeomen to run the ship’s office in his absence and developed a comprehensive collection of Standard Operating Procedures to increase office efficiency. He mentored all sailors within the department and set the highest standards for customer service and championed the crew's needs in all respects.
Selected from among his peers to serve as Auxiliary Division LCPO for newly-commissioned Arleigh Burke class destroyer, DG-106
CMD DAPA. Headed base-wide alcohol de-glamorization campaign; through aggressive coordination with tenant commands and off-base businesses, his preventive efforts resulted in a 50% reduction in alcohol related incidents.
- Dedicated and invested in our Navy, he demands involvement. He volunteered for a difficult but successful nine-month IA. He was certified early as CTF67 Task Force Watch Supervisor and has made impressive progress in his graduate studies.
Role Model. Positively impacted Command by establishing professional and productive work climate and successfully completing all Pre-commissioning Unit Instructions. Thoroughly reviewed ship capacity and services to ensure incoming personnel requirements will be met or exceeded. His in-depth analysis identified overlooked provisioning and improved deployment readiness.
-SUPERB MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP SKILLS. Directly contributed to Power Plants Branch receiving an OUTSTANDING during a recent COMATKWINGLANT inspection.
- Extremely versatile Sailor. Constantly explores new ways to contribute to Command enhancement and Sailorization.
-Expertly prepared his department for a Eastern Atlantic deployment. Ensured NAV/OPS Department was always in excellent material condition and ready for sustained effective performace at sea. A self-starter, he completes many tasks before others realize that they need to be done.
-Standards and professional competence generated immediate confidence/improved subordinate morale
-Oversaw On-the-job training program resulting in seven seamen receiving their upgraded status ahead of schedule
-Spearheaded new USS CONSTITUTION-like CPO inductee event aboard USS MISSOURI--promoted pride in Navy service
-Led tank reseal team; reduced fuel leak delayed discrepancies to 0.6 per aircraft--bested Fleet goal by 80%
-Demonstrated outstanding leadership skills as team chief; increased productivity by 40%
-Superlative manager and instructor. Overall training coordinator for maintenance data system, resulting in a marked improvement in overall mission readiness.
-Instituted new quality control inspection procedures raising customer satisfaction 25%
-Led main repair crew to repair 4" water line; directed damaged line exposure/fix, prevented K in contractor costs
-Expertly led the squadron enlisted members during the COMNAVSURFPAC IMX in June 2007, his efforts were praised by the Nuclear Propulsion Inspection Team inspectors, provided superb leadership inside the Damage Control Center (DCC)
-Mentored 2 PO and 4 joint military. Chaired 3 Career Development Boards ensuring discrepancies were corrected in their official records. Additionally, he developed a Joint Mentorship Program that fosters a climate of camraderie throughout the command providing guidance to over 40 tri-service personal resulting in 80% retention.
-Solid performer; displays exceptional leadership qualities /abilities--recommend promotion soonest
-PO Smith is an outstanding motivator of seamen. He always achieves superior results.
-Led by example while executing over 30 challenging training operations; conducted thorough readiness training drills to ensure his Sailors were always prepared for any eventuality.
-A respected leader, sets and expects stringent, yet achievable, performance standards for subordinates.
-Enrolled every seaman in his workcenter in the CLEP Program to earn college credit.
-Exceptional manager. Trained inexperienced personnel thoroughly and expeditiously, increasing maintenance capability of workcenter and significantly improving material condition of aircraft.
DECK PLATE LEADER AND MENTOR: As the Command Mentor Coordinator, he instituted a Mentorship Program which benefited 50 sailors, resulting in a 100% retention, increased off-duty education by 75%, and improved morale and productivity.
-Gifted leader. Directly responsible for turning around the production effectiveness of airframes workcenter, resulting in grades of outstanding on QA and COMATKWINGLANT audits.
- As BEQ Liaison, his superb, sound and reasoned leadership brought the barracks within MED IG standards. Obtained approval of over k for upgrades, which dramatically improved residents' quality of life.
-PEERLESS LEADER! Selected as vice-president of DISA-PAC Chief Petty Officers Association.
-Displays exceptional leadership qualities; ability to get the job done; recommend promotion/retention
-MENTOR AND LEADER: As Senior Enlisted Leader, solved many housing, medical, & personnel issues; the cornerstone of our team, taking care of our sailors is his top concern.
-Managed 20 personnel workcenter in direct support of U.S. Pacific Command--exceeded all assigned goals!
-SUCCESSFUL MENTOR. Consistently gets the best from the best. Three PNM (Pacific Network Managers) of the Month, Two PNM of the Quarter, and One DISA NCO of the year!
-Mature leader; won't compromise standards, enforced highest USFLTFORCOM standards of conduct
-Selfless Mentor. His counseling and leadership resulted in his only military subordinate earning SOY for DISA-EUR and his efforts on several boards produced both SOY DISA-EUR and Sailor of the Year DISA. Puts new meaning into the phrase "taking care of Sailors".
-Ensured his sailors were qualified in at least two positions--increased watch readiness!
-Briefed junior Airmen at Airmen Leadership School on Navy's Evaluation System
-Superb administrator. Directly responsible for his workcenter receiving an adjective grade of outstanding on two consecutive Quality Assurance Audits.
-Inspired unit to consistently exceed training standards.
-An example to his peers and subordinates. Always placed mission first and has an unquestionable devotion to duty.
-Directly responsible for supervising the Nimitz's personnel office; received commendable rating during Cl
-Effectively led and inspired sub-standard sailors to willingly improve and perform to Navy standards
-Her superb managerial skills pushed our clinic to win the TRICARE Regional Access Award for 2 consecutive years.
-Implemented a workcenter physical training program which increased their PRT average by 30% while deployed.
-Unparalleled enthusiasm; possesses an out-in-front leadership style and the attributes of today's model CPO and leader.
-Proven management skills set him apart from peers; transformed workcenter from sub-standard to compliant or better. Promote ASAP!
New content is posted daily. Check back tomorrow for more examples.
The best book on Navy Evals available today! Available on Amazon or download now in Kindle format.