**SUBMITTED ON THE OCCASION OF TRANSFER TO USS EMORY S. LAND, A PRIORITY BILLET.**
-DECKPLATE LEADER. Expertly led 3 personnel through the upkeep of one recompression chamber, 12 closed circuit UBAs, and specialized diving equipment valued at $2.6M. His flawless management of 2 work centers comprised of 226 line items enabled the successful completion of 144 man-hours of incident-free dive time during a 10 day saturation dive.
-SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT. Through his training and mentorship, ND1 produced 6 Diving Supervisors, 5 OSF Gas Kings, and 2 AAOs which enabled the command to maintain a 3 section duty rotation in OSF operations directly increasing the command's operational capabilities. Supervised 2 recompression treatments for decompression sickness resulting in 2 command members returning to full diving duty with zero residual symptoms.
-COMMUNITY MINDED. Coordinated a diving static display for students at Jinks Middle School educating them on the theory of mixed gas diving. Organized and led 3 flawless retirement ceremonies for 1 O-6 and 2 Senior Chiefs at NEDU.
**HIGH LEVEL COMMAND PERFORMER! WILL BE AN ABSOLUTE ASSET TO ANY COMMAND! PROMOTE NOW!**
Submitted upon transfer to Commander U.S. Fleet Forces Command, Norfolk, VA (UIC: 00060).
***CONTINUED SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE. DEMONSTRATED LEADERSHIP EXCELLENCE COMMAND/BASE-WIDE***
- EXCEPTIONAL LEADER. Organized, coordinated, and executed base-wide Operational Stress Control Training for Yokosuka IDC commands. Provided crucial training to 225 Silors from three commands conducted by C10F Chaplain, LT and CPO.
- SAILOR ADVOCATE. Represented NIOC Sailor during CFAY FAP investigation presenting evidence and character references in support of his Sailor. Sailor was vindicated and allowed to successfully continue his career without any negative repercussions.
- CPO-365 LEADER. Coordinated, guided, and led CPO-365 PH II execution for 175 CPO's from nine commands and 20 Selectees. Ensured a flawless execution of PH II events providing training and mentorship in developing tomorrow's CPO's.
- DRIVES NAVAL HERITAGE EXPOSURE. Directed CMD Heritage Committee in providing Naval history, customs and courtesies. Educated 86 Sailors on naval events; Battle of Corral Sea, Battle of Midway, USS LIBERTY incident, and the USS THRESHER disaster.
- EXCEPTIONAL EIDWS MANAGER. Restructured EIDWS program based on NAVIDFOR updates. Implemented coordination with Yokosuka IDC commands ensuring subject matter expert availability improving data sharing and propelling qual rate to 73% earning EIDWS pennant.
***LEADERSHIP/MANAGEMENT KEY TO THE CONTINUED SUCCESS OF HIS SAILORS AND NIOC YOKOSUKA***
Evaluation submitted upon member's transfer to USS GEORGE H.W. BUSH (CVN-77)
If ranked, would be my #1 of 86 FCPO's. SSOQ FY17 2nd QTR. Seasoned DECKPLATE LEADER producing high degree of success for FRCMA DET NORFOLK. An asset to gaining command.
- Masterfully led 68 Sailors to unprecedented productivity. Achieved 7,240 maintenance actions with zero mishaps and trained four new E6's on NAMP programs and CSEC procedures, resulting on five "On-Track" work centers during two consecutive semi-annual QA audits.
- CPO 365 Phase I Assistant Coordinator. Implemented and led MCPON Guided training for 86 FCPO's and 34 CPO's. Managed 24 training and PT sessions, four COMRELS, and three team building exercise enhancing the confidence and leadership skills of our future CPO Mess.
- FCPOA President. Directed 86 PO1's raising $5,987 for the 2016 Christmas Party and chaired the selection of seven SOQ's and one BJOY/JSOY. As CFS, provided financial guidance for 698 personnel and quarterly training for eight assistant CFS. Involved in the development of 48 Sailors providing sound mentorship, resulting in a 95 percent divisional retention rate. Dedicated 46 hours at Volunteers of America's Operation Backpack and Lighthouse Center, provided shelter and food for homeless showing strong Navy presence.
Sets a new standard of leadership skills, technical expertise and managerial excellence. Well overdue for a position of higher authority and responsibility. PROMOTE NOW!
Evaluation submitted due to member's transfer to Pre-commissioning Unit AMERICA (LHA 6).
Exceptional Leader committed to the welfare of his Sailors and the mission.
- Divisional LCPO. Flawlessly led 14 Sailors through Combat Systems Ship Qualifications Trials (CSSQT) and Ship's Inspection and Survey(INSURV), resulting in overall score of green for combat communications. Direct involvement with the migration of ship's network to barge during PSA with one only day of downtime, greatly increasing mission readiness - another SPRUANCE first.
- Superb Manager. Managed the completion and passing of eight new C5I inspections for INSURV with minimal notice, which resulted in increased mission readiness Navy-wide.
- Alt-EKMS Manager. Ensured overall mission readiness and capabilities by accounting for and issuing 250 pieces of cryptographic material on board.
- Duty Section Leader. Led and trained 45 Sailors in overall ship's survivability, coordinating 80 DC / ATFP drills, greatly increasing ship's level of readiness.
- Command Sponsorship Coordinator. Assisted in easing the transition to the ship from the school house or other commands by assigning command sponsors to 15 Sailors.
- Active CPO Mess member. Participated in numerous CPO functions, ranking boards, awards boards and SSOQ boards. Led and coordinated eight training sessions for CPO 365 training.
Senior Chief Huerta has proven himself as a solid leader and is recommended for promotion.