Climate/Equal Opportunity Examples
Contributing to Growth and Development, Human Worth, Community
- CHANGE AGENT. An essential Command Management Equal Opportunity (EO) member, he provided 3hrs of EO training for 60 staff, empowering an environment of consideration, acceptance and assurance.
- COMMAND IMPACT. Led a 37 member CRT through the 2019 Command Climate Assessment for 447 staff personnel. His innovative approach and execution led to increased survey and focus group participation enabling the commander to implement change to improve climate.
- United a team of active duty and reserve seamen into one cohesive and productive organization.
Expertly advised the installation commander and collaborated with other Equal Opportunity representatives on the installation. Delivered briefings and training to 1,400 Sailors and Civilians on all Equal Opportunity matters resulting in a true climate of prevention and culture of excellence during his tenure.
- Volunteered to serve as Navy Equal Opportunity/Sexual Harassment (NEOSH) survey coordinator, empathetic methods enhanced accuracy, opened avenue to increased integration, promised success as unit
- Volunteered for and served as Command Equal Opportunity Officer and Command Ozone Depletion Officer.
- DEDICATED TO NAVY's CORE VALUES. Ensured that all Sailors are challenged with opportunities to excel within the workcenter and increased in-rate satisfaction and ultimately, retention.
STANDOUT MENTOR! An active, dedicated CMEO, led by example and encouraged equal treatment of and opportunity for all Navy members. Climate assessment results demonstrated improved morale and increased understanding of and support for Navy policies.
- Solved 100% of interpersonal complaints at the lowest level, saving hundreds of hours of unnecessary processing and returning the focus back to the mission.
HE MENTORED MORE THAN 100 JUNIOR SAILORS AND AS COMMAND SAPR, HE COORDINATED TRAINING FOR 90 PERSONNEL AND ORGANIZED SEXUAL ASSAULT AWARENESS MONTH EVENTS FOCUSING ON THE EFFECTS ON MISSION READINESS.
Coordinated and conducted the Region-wide "Stamp Out" sexual assault awareness training. Received SAPR-F certification training, assisted in the setup and coordination of training venues for Command SAPR-F training. Coordinated and conducted GMT on "Alcohol Abuse" and "Suicide Prevention".
- Role model! Volunteered for and attended Suicide Intervention skills training.
As the Command Managed Equal Opportunity Manager, Chief Rubenstein administered 3 surveys to personnel to assess command climate. He identified areas of concern and submitted recommendations which were accepted and implemented to improve the command climate and readiness of all SWOS learning sites around the globe.
- Communicated duty effects on section climate, led to plans for improvement, increased satisfaction and morale
- CS2 Smith has been a vital asset as a member of the Command assessment team where she helped to improve the overall equal opportunity atmosphere throughout the command.
- Deckplate leadership produced the most professional mixed-gender working environment I've ever seen; zero sexual harassment issues!
- Directly responsible for extremely low disciplinary rate in the line division. Genuinely concerned with subordinate's personal and professional growth
AS SEXUAL ASSAULT PREVENTION AND RESPONSE VICTIM ADVOCATE, HE LED TWO COMMAND SAPR TRAINING SESSIONS ENSURING ALL SAILORS AND THEIR FAMILIES HAVE ACCESS TO A WELL-COORDINATED, HIGHLY RESPONSIVE VICTIM ADVOCATE.
- Elevated several unobserved yet critical issues that threatened the unity of our department which defused an explosive work environment and improved production
- Encouraged camaraderie by example which opened avenues for discussion and trust.
- Fostered an atmosphere of understanding, trust, and tolerance; increased team effort shattered all production records!
- Identified areas of concern and submitted improvement recommendations.
-Organized and oversaw ship's Asian American celebration; promoted knowledge and understanding of racial diversity
- STANDOUT MENTOR! An active, dedicated CMEO, led by example and encouraged equal treatment and opportunity for all Navy members. Climate assessment results demonstrated improved morale and increased understanding of and support for Navy policies.
-Serves as Command Sexual Assault Victim Intervention (SAVI) Coordinator
Uncompromising standards. Committed to the principles of equal opportunity and fair treatment of all service members.
PETTY OFFICER MINER DEMONSTRATED EXCEPTIONAL LEADERSHIP MENTORING OVER 100 WRNNMC Uniformed Victim Advocates whose main role is assisting victims of sexual assault and reducing the incidence of sexual assault committed by or against Navy service members, their families, and civilians. She conducted eighty hours of training as SAPR Point of Contact, facilitating command indocís and departmental training.
New content is posted daily. Check back tomorrow for more examples.