U.S. Navy Instructor Citations
MERITORIOUS SERVICE AS LEAD LITTORAL COMBAT SHIP (LCS) INSTRUCTOR FOR SURFACE WARFARE OFFICERS SCHOOL (SWOS) SAN DIEGO FROM 10 MARCH 2017 TO 20 APRIL FEBRUARY 2020 IN SUPPORT OF SEA-BOUND WARRIORS WORKING TO FULFILL THE NAVY'S MISSION AND MAINTAIN GLOBAL MARITIME SUPERIORITY. MM1 HARRISON'S PROFICIENCY AND ADVANCED KNOWLEDGE OF THE LITTORAL COMBAT SHIP INDEPENDENCE CLASS SHIP ENGINEERING PLANT PLAYED A KEY ROLE IN THE DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT OF THE IVSE AND INSTRUCTOR-BASED ENGINEERING PLANT TECHNICIAN, READINESS CONTROL OFFICER, AND ENGINEERING WATCH TRAINING TEAM COURSES. AFTER THEIR PUBLICATION, PETTY OFFICER HARRISON MADE MULTIPLE TRIPS TO ORLANDO, FLORIDA TO REVIEW EACH COURSE AND IDENTIFIED MULTIPLE ISSUES THAT WOULD PREVENT STUDENTS FROM COMPLETING THE CLASS. HE TAUGHT A TOTAL OF 88 STUDENTS WITH A TOTAL OF 4,000 INSTRUCTIONAL HOURS AND A GPA OF 98%, REDUCING THE TIME A STUDENT WOULD BE IN A U/I STATUS BY 4-6 MONTHS AND INCREASING SAILORS' DOWN TIME. PETTY OFFICER HARRISON'S EXCEPTIONAL PROFESSIONALISM AND SELFLESS DEVOTION TO DUTY REFLECTED CREDIT UPON HIMSELF AND WERE IN KEEPING WITH THE HIGHEST TRADITIONS OF THE UNITED STATES NAVAL SERVICE.
Petty Officer Priggemeier distinguished himself through twenty-six years of meritorious service to the United States Navy which included three years of outstanding leadership and sustained superior performance as Maintenance Training Unit (MTU-3011) Automated Tester Equipment (ATE) Navy Leading Petty Officer (LPO) and Consolidated Automated Support Systems (CASS) Instructor for the Center for Naval Aviation Technical Training Unit (CNATTU) North Island from May 2012 to April 2015. His outstanding service-style of leadership; varied instructional skills; diverse military experience; extensive scope of education; remarkable breadth of avionic technical knowledge; and passion for teaching, tremendously enhanced the command's ability to complete its mission by providing far superior quality of training than originally projected. As a well-seasoned veteran, he proved to be an extraordinary example for fleet Sailors, Marine instructors, and peers to follow. As a certified military historian, he significantly imparted to every student, instructor, and civilian alike, an indomitable, but infectious patriotic zeal through his story-telling methods of reliving historic Naval battles in combination with his legendary enthusiasm for Navy Ethos along with its direct connection to the Navy's Core Values. Petty Officer Priggemeier serves his country, command, and community with patriotic pride unmatched by any of his predecessors. His accomplishments include the following:
- DECKPLATE FRONTLINE LEADER. As MTU 3011 Division Learning Site LPO, he directly managed 35 Sailors and Marines in the management execution of 40 Intermediate Level courses from 15 NOV 2013 to 01 MAR 2014, graduating 188 highly qualified war fighters and integrated the ATE learning site training schedule in support of fleet operations. He personally created and reviewed nine E-5 evaluations and two E-5 close-out evaluations for his chain of command to review and sign.
- MOTIVATING INSTRUCTOR. Impeccably instructed 14 CASS classes at building 7515 on Marine Corps Air Station (MCAS) Miramar, graduating 42 qualified CASS technicians through delivery of 1,116 instructional hours. His unique use of silence during lessons kept students' attention very well.
- MASTER TRAINING SPECIALIST. Dedicated 24 hours of formal Master Training Specialist (MTS) classroom training to 11 instructors, evaluated three MTS ready instructors, and chaired one final MTS board. His efforts resulted in the qualification of five new Master Training Specialists, improving the MTU qualification by 14% which enhanced the quality of instructions provided to the fleet.
- SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT. Spearheaded and chaired the AN/USM-676(V)2 Pin-Point Infra-Red Receiver (IRR) Test Station West-Coast Conference between Wyle Corporation and the Department of the Navy concerning CASS pipeline addition of Pin-Point. He then reviewed the Pin-Point IRR Test Station Maintainer Manual (RIAC TAT-237, dated 11 AUG 2014) submitted by Wyle for accuracy and CASS troubleshooting applicability. He was in this manner considerably instrumental in ensuring Fleet Feedback was submitted in a timely manner via the Training Situation Document and Instructional Performance Requirements Document. He also helped create two testing boxes to be used for lab demonstrations for Pin-Point students.
- COMMITTED TO SAILORIZATION. Key-note speaker and active member of the Command Training Team, who delivered 145 hours of Command Training Team instruction to 576 command personnel over a three year period. He encouraged all Sailors, Marines, and Civilians to further their education like he did, resulting in two Sailors and one civilian completing their associate's and bachelor's degrees. He also scheduled and attended two career development boards for two sailors. He likewise ensured that eight command gains for MTU-3011 were sponsored by his best instructors from the ATE Division to contact, inform, and welcome any newcomers to the command in as smooth and crisis-free manner as possible.
- PROBLEM SOLVER. As an ATE command advocate, he assisted his department head in creating and teaching a brand-new CASS Refresher course to 18 Navy and Marine Corps personnel transferring to Miramar to ensure that CASS instruction was uniform and consistent throughout the entire MTU.
- COMMUNITY AMBASSADOR. Awarded Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal, 2nd award. In addition to such service, he coordinated 684 volunteer hours of 114 Sailors and Marines in support of the world's largest and most famous Navy and Marine Corps Air Show in the continental United States. He also volunteered 63 hours to MCAS Miramar Leatherneck Aircraft Museum from 18 SEP 2014 to 26 FEB 2015 as a Docent.
- CERTIFIED ELECTRONICS GURU. Completed United States Military Apprenticeship Program (USMAP) as an Electronics Tester on 07 AUG 2014.
- EXTREMELY PASSIONATE ABOUT LEADERSHIP TOPICS. After graduating from The-Foundry-365's Leadership Academy (06 APR 2014 through 12 APR 2014), he spent ten hours in preparation and three hours teaching the principles behind his newly- learned leadership skills to all ATE Division E-6s, so they could benefit as well which resulted in an substantially noticeable increase in the command climate throughout the ATE school house.
- Petty Officer First Class Priggemeier is a true professional and highly competent leader. He is regarded highly by his subordinates, peers and his entire chain of command. He possesses the dedication and drive to excel in every endeavor. He is an outstanding mentor and an amazing leader who cares about his people's accomplishments and ensures that his coworkers, colleagues, and associates get all the recognition for a job well done. His enthusiastic personality, integrity and leadership qualities have been instrumental to this Command's overall achievements. Petty Officer Priggemeier's superior leadership, extraordinary dedication and exemplary performance are most deserving of the Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal.
MERITORIOUS SERVICE WHILE SERVING AS COURSE MANAGER AND INSTRUCTOR AT TRIDENT TRAINING FACILITY (TTF) BANGOR, FROM XXXXXXXX TO XXXXXXXX. PETTY OFFICER HOGAN'S EXCEPTIONAL PERFORMANCE, FORESIGHT, AND PLANNING WERE VITAL TO THE SUCCESSFUL CONVERSION OF LEARNING SITE BANGOR FROM A TURNKEY OPERATION TO A MILITARY LED LEARNING SITE. DEMONSTRATING OUTSTANDING LEADERSHIP, PETTY OFFICER HOGAN SUPERVISED 30 COURSE CONVENINGS OF SECURITY REACTION FORCE-ADVANCED, PROVIDING THE FLEET WITH OVER 600 TACTICALLY PROFICIENT SAILORS. ADDITIONALLY, HIS ATTENTION TO DETAIL ENSURED THE SAFETY OF STAFF AND STUDENTS DURING HIGH-RISK TRAINING RESULING IN ZERO CLASS A OR B MISHAPS. PETTY OFFICER HOGAN'S EXCEPTIONAL PROFESSIONALISM AND SELFLESS DEVOTION TO DUTY REFLECTED CREDIT UPON HIMSELF AND WERE IN KEEPING WITH THE HIGHEST TRADITIONS OF THE UNITED STATES NAVAL SERVICE.
MERITORIOUS SERVICE WHILE SERVING AS BASIC AVIATION INTELLIGENCE COURSE (BAIC) SUPERVISOR AND INSTRUCTOR AT NAVAL AIR STATION OCEANA (NASO) FROM XXXXXXXX TO XXXXXXXXX. PETTY OFFICER KING OVERSAW THE COMPLETION OF OVER 1,000 HOURS OF INSTRUCTION TO 150 JUNIOR INTELLIGENCE OFFICERS PREPARING FOR FLEET OPERATIONS AT SEA AND OVERSAW THE DELIVERY OF FOUR CIA AIR SYSTEMS THREAT ANALYSIS BRIEFS TO 177 COMNAVAIRLANT AIRCREW MEMBERS ENHANCING MISSION READINESS. AS SPECIAL SECURITY OFFICER (SSO), HE COMPLETED 33 SCI INDOCTRINATIONS AND MANAGED 36 JWICS ACCOUNTS FOR MORE THAN 500 NASO PERSONNEL. IN ADDITION, HE ASSISTED IN NINE MASTER TRAINING SPECIALIST QUALIFICATIONS AND WAS A MAJOR FACTOR IN THE IMPROVEMENT AND EXPANSION OF THE BASIC AVIATION INTELLIGENCE COURSE (BAIC). PETTY OFFICER KING'S EXCEPTIONAL PROFESSIONALISM AND SELFLESS DEVOTION TO DUTY REFLECTED CREDIT UPON HIMSELF AND WERE IN KEEPING WITH THE HIGHEST TRADITIONS OF THE UNITED STATES NAVAL SERVICE.
FOR MERITORIOUS SERVICE WHILE SERVING AS AN INSTRUCTOR AT THE CENTER FOR SURFACE COMBAT SYSTEMS UNIT DAM NECK VIRGINIA BEACH, VIRGINIA FROM JULY 2012 TO SEPTEMBER 2014. PETTY OFFICER HOBBIT PROVIDED MORE THAN 2,000 HOURS OF QUALITY INSTRUCTION TO MORE THAN 150 SENIOR AND JUNIOR ENLISTED SAILORS IN THE OPERATIONS SPECIALIST JOURNEYMAN COURSE OF INSTRUCTION, RETURNING HIGHLY MOTIVATED, BETTER SKILLED, AND MISSION-READY SAILORS TO THE FLEET. HIS SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE AND SIGNIFICANT CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE COMMAND DURING HIS TENURE HIGHLIGHT THE CULMINATION OF 20 YEARS OF HONORABLE SERVICE. PETTY OFFICER HOBBIT'S EXCEPTIONAL PROFESSIONALISM AND SELFLESS DEVOTION TO DUTY REFLECTED CREDIT UPON HIMSELF AND WERE IN KEEPING WITH THE HIGHEST TRADITIONS OF THE UNITED STATES NAVAL SERVICE.
MERITORIOUS SERVICE WHILE SERVING AS BASIC GROUND SKILLS COURSE MANAGER FROM 15 APRIL 2008 TO 30 AUGUST 2011. SBCS JONES' KEEN FORESIGHT, AND METICULOUS PLANNING, MANAGEMENT, AND LEADERSHIP WERE THE DRIVING FORCE BEHIND THE RELOCATION OF THE BASIC GROUND SKILLS COURSE FROM FORT AP HILL, VA TO STENNIS MS. HE ESTABLISHED AND ORGANIZED THE TRAINING PROGRAM, CONTINUALLY TUNED AND IMPROVED THE PROGRAM AND SUCCESSFULLY LED 13 TROOPS THROUGH AN ARDUOUS TRAINING COURSE, HONING CRITICAL CQC SKILLS FOR UPCOMING GWOT DEPLOYMENTS. ADDITIONALLY, AS RANGE SAFETY OFFICER, HE SUPERVISED OVER 3 MILLION ROUNDS OF SMALL ARMS AMMUNITION DURING STATIC AND LIVE FIRE EVOLUTIONS. PETTY OFFICER JONES' EXCEPTIONAL EFFORTS AND UNWAVERING DEDICATION TO DUTY REFLECTED GREAT CREDIT UPON HIMSELF AND WERE IN KEEPING WITH THE HIGHEST TRADITIONS OF THE UNITED STATES NAVAL SERVICE.
MERITORIOUS SERVICE WHILE SERVING AS FARRIAR FIRE FIGHTING SCHOOL LEADING PETTY OFFICER AT THE CENTER FOR NAVAL ENGINEERING LEARNING SITE NORFOLK, NORFOLK VIRGINIA FROM XXXXXX XXXX TO XXXXXX XXXX. AS LEADING PETTY OFFICER OF FARRIER FIRE FIGHTING SCHOOL, HE COORDINATED THE DAILY EFFORTS OF 32 INSTRUCTORS AND OVERSAW THE SAFETY AND TRAINING OF OVER 15,000 STUDENTS ANNUALLY. HE WAS ALSO A KEY PLAYER IN THE DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION OF THE NEW A-495-0018 SHIPBOARD FIREFIGHTING TEAM INTEGRATION COURSE. A MENTOR TO HIS PEERS AND SUBORDINATES, HE ASSISTED MANY IN THEIR QUALIFICATIONS RANGING FROM INSTRUCTOR, STRUCTURE CHIEF, AND MASTER TRAINING SPECIALIST LEADING TO HIS SELECTION AS NAVAL EDUCATION AND TRAINING COMMAND'S SAILOR OF THE YEAR. BY HIS UNSWERVING DETERMINATION, WISE JUDGMENT AND DEDICATION TO DUTY, PETTY OFFICER FRASIER'S DILIGENT ACTIONS REFLECTED CREDIT UPON HIMSELF AND UPHELD THE HIGHEST TRADITIONS OF THE UNITED STATES NAVAL SERVICE.
PROFESSIONAL ACHIEVEMENT IN THE SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE OF HIS DUTIES WHILE SERVING AS MH-60S STRUCTURAL MECHANIC INSTRUCTOR AND CORROSION, PAINT/FINISH INSTRUCTOR AT CENTER FOR NAVAL AVIATION TECHNICAL TRAINING UNIT, NORFOLK, VIRGINIA FROM XXXXXXXX TO XXXXXXXX. PETTY OFFICER DARBY PERSONALLY INSTRUCTED 127 STUDENTS IN 8 CLASSES PROVIDING 410 INSTRUCTIONAL HOURS THAT CULMINATED IN A 95.5 CLASS AVERAGE. PETTY OFFICER DARBY'S EXCEPTIONAL PERSEVERANCE AND UNWAVERING DEDICATION TO DUTY REFLECTED GREAT CREDIT UPON HIMSELF AND WERE IN KEEPING WITH THE HIGHEST TRADITIONS OF THE UNITED STATES NAVAL SERVICE.
PROFESSIONAL ACHIEVEMENT IN THE SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE OF HIS DUTIES WHILE SERVING AS AN INSTRUCTOR AT THE CENTER FOR SERVICE SUPPORT LEARNING SITE, FORT LEE, VIRGINIA FROM JANUARY XXXX THROUGH DECEMBER XXXX. PETTY OFFICER SAILOR CONSISTENTLY PERFORMED HIS DUTIES IN AN EXEMPLARY AND HIGHLY PROFESSIONAL MANNER. HE PERSONALLY DELIVERED CULINARY CURRICULUM TO OVER 300 STUDENTS, RESULTING IN 30 STUDENTS RECEIVING ACCELERATED ADVANCEMENT AND LEADING TO HIS SECECTION AS NAVAL EDUCATION AND TRAINING COMMAND'S XXXX JUNIOR ENLISTED INSTRUCTOR OF THE YEAR. BY HIS UNSWERVING DETERMINATION, WISE JUDGEMENT, AND DEDICATION TO DUTY, CS1 SAILOR REFLECTED GREAT CREDIT UPON HIMSELF AND THE UNITED STATES NAVAL SERVICE.
WHILE SERVING AS LEADING PETTY OFFICER OF ELECTRONIC SURVELILLANCE MEASURES MAINTENANCE AND SUBMARINE COMMUNICATIONS ELECTRONIC RATING FIELD ESM "A" SCHOOL, NAVAL SUBMARINE SCHOOL, GROTON CONNECTICUT FROM XXXXXX XXXX TO XXXXXX XXXX. PETTY OFFICER VARGAS SUPERVISED 11 INSTRUCTORS TEACHING 12 DIFFERENT COURSES WHICH PRODUCED THE SUCCESSFUL GRADUATION OF 366 HIGHLY QUALIFIED MAINTENANCE FLEET SAILORS AND 65 FIRST ACCESSION SAILORS TO THE FLEET. AS COURSE SUPERVISOR OF SUBMARINE PERISCOPE PHOTOGRAPHY, HE COMPLETED TWO FULL REVISIONS, REDUCING THE CLASSROOM TIME FROM TEN DAYS TO THREE AND SAVING THE NAVY OVER $100,000 A YEAR. IN ADDITION, HE DEVELOPED AND IMPLEMENTED THE ENTIRE ELECTRONIC SURVEILLANCE JOURNEYMAN COURSE, MEETING OPERATIONAL REQUIREMENTS SIX MONTHS AHEAD OF SCHEDULE. FINALLY, HIS ASSISTANCE WAS PARAMOUNT IN THE TRANSFER OF LABS AND ANCILLARY EQUIPMENT DURING THE EBATEMENT OF NIMITZ HALL TO INCLUDE THE MOVING OF 2 LABS AND 4 CLASSROOMS TO ENGLISH HALL AND 2 LABS TO NAVAL UNDERSEA WARFARE CENTER IN NEWPORT, RHODE ISLAND. PETTY OFFICER VARGAS' PERSEVERANCE AND UNWAVERING DEDICATION TO DUTY REFLECTED GREAT CREDIT UPON HIMSELF AND WERE IN KEEPING WITH THE HIGHEST TRADITIONS OF THE UNITED STATES NAVAL SERVICE.
MERITORIOUS SERVICE WHILE SERVING AS COURSE MANAGER, INSTRUCTOR, AND LEADING PETTY OFFICER FOR THE INFORMATION WARFARE DEPARTMENT AT CENTER FOR INFORMATION DOMINANCE LEARNING SITE NORFOLK FROM -------- TO ---------. PETTY OFFICER ROBERT PAULSON LED 11 INSTRUCTORS THROUGH 140 COURSE CONVENES, PROVIDED TAILORED CRYPTOLOGIC TRAINING FOR 1,300+ STUDENTS, AND ACCOUNTED FOR A $10,000,000 CRYPTOLOGIC EQUIPMENT SUITE. HE CROSS-TRAINED AND QUALIFIED HIMSELF IN FIVE SEPARATE COURSES OF INSTRUCTION, DELIVERED OVER 1,100 HOURS OF INSTRUCTION, AND MAXIMIZED INSTRUCTOR FLEXIBILITY. ADDITIONALLY, HE DEVOTED OVER 200 OFF-DUTY HOURS TO VARIOUS CIVIL AND COMMUNITY ORGANIZATIONS AND HELPED RAISE OVER $20,000 FOR VARIOUS CAUSES. PETTY OFFICER PAULSON'S PROFESSIONAL ABILITY, INITIATIVE, AND LOYAL DEVOTION TO DUTY REFLECTED CREDIT UPON HIM AND WERE IN KEEPING WITH THE HIGHEST TRADITIONS OF THE UNITED STATES NAVAL SERVICE.
COURSE MANAGER AND INSTRUCTOR, CENTER FOR SECURITY FORCES, LEARNING SITE CHESAPEAKE, VIRGINIA FROM JUNE 2013 TO AUGUST 2016. SENIOR CHIEF WAYNE S. CROWLEY CONSISTENTLY PERFORMED HIS DEMANDING DUTIES IN A HIGHLY PROFESSIONAL MANNER. AS COURSE MANAGER FOR THE LEVEL II COXSWAIN AND SECURITY REACTION FORCE ADVANCED COURSES, HIS OUTSTANDING LEADERSHIP AND INSTRUCTIONAL SKILLS WERE EVIDENT AS HE SUPERVISED 26 MILITARY AND CIVILIAN INSTRUCTORS IN THE TRAINING OF OVER 1,100 SAILORS IN ALL FACETS OF THE COURSE'S HIGH-RISK TRAINING. HIS DILIGENT EFFORTS DIRECTLY SUPPORTED AND IMPROVED READINESS AND SECURITY ACROSS THE FLEET. ADDITIONALLY, AS THE COMMAND IA COORDINATOR, CHIEF CROWLEY WAS INSTRUMENTAL AS AN ADVOCATE AND PROFESSIONAL SOURCE OF HELP AND INFORMATION FOR SAILORS AND THEIR FAMILIES BEFORE, DURING, AND AFTER AN IA ASIGNMENT. CHIEF CROWLEY'S PROFESSIONAL ABILITY, INITIATIVE, AND LOYAL DEVOTION TO DUTY REFLECTED CREDIT UPON HIM AND WERE IN KEEPING WITH THE HIGHEST TRADITIONS OF THE UNITED STATES NAVAL SERVICE.
OPERATIONS INSTRUCTOR AT THE CENTER FOR SURFACE COMBAT SYSTEMS DETACHMENT, YOKOSUKA JAPAN FROM AUGUST 20XX TO SEPTEMBER 20XX CULMINATING IN HIS SELECTION AS CSCS DET YOKOSUKA, INSTRUCTOR OF THE YEAR. PETTY OFFICER SIMS DISPLAYED EXCEPTIONAL TRAINING SKILLS WHILE INSTRUCTING OVER 750 OFFICER AND ENLISTED STUDENTS IN MORE THAN 10 TACTICAL COURSES OF INSTRUCTION. HIS DETAILED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE ENSURED FORWARD DEPLOYED NAVAL FORCES MAINTAINED PEAK OPERATIONAL READINESS. HE ASSISTED IN THE TRAINING AND QUALIFICATION OF THREE MASTER TRAINING SPECIALISTS ENSURING THEIR CONTINUED HIGH LEVEL OF PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT. CHIEF SIMS' PROFESSIONAL ABILITY, INITIATIVE, AND LOYAL DEVOTION TO DUTY REFLECTED CREDIT UPON HIM AND WERE IN KEEPING WITH THE HIGHEST TRADITIONS OF THE UNITED STATES NAVAL SERVICE.