Climate/Equal Opportunity Examples
Contributing to Growth and Development, Human Worth, Community
|1.0 Below Standards||3.0 Meets Standards||5.0 Exceeds Standards|
- Actions counter to Navy's retention/ reenlistment goals
- Positive leadership supports Navy's increased retention goals
- Measurably contributes to Navy's increased retention and reduced attrition objectives
As a member of the Command Training Team, she delivered Training to both enlisted and officers for Navy Pride and Professionalism, Equal opportunity and Indoctrination of new sailors.
Performs duties as Equal Opportunity (EO) advisor to Commander/Commanding Officer. Provides briefings on all aspects of EQUAL OPPORTUNITY. Facilitates formal Command Training Team and Command Assessment Team indoctrination.
-A dynamic Senior Enlisted Advisor (SEA), he increased communication between the ranks and increased overall satisfaction at work.
-Superior leadership skills fostered most united team on ship; workcenter had least reported EO incidents in fleet.
- Facilitated two command equal opportunity climate surveys as a member of the command assessment team. His encouragement produced candid and productive responses which exposed perceptions of favoritism which were then addressed to restore harmony.
-Deckplate leadership produced the most professional mixed-gender working environment I've ever seen; zero sexual harrassment issues!
-Fostered an atmosphere of understanding, trust, and tolerance; increased team effort shattered all records!
-Volunteered to serve as NEOSH representative and presented seven topical briefings at All Hands
-Implemented all Navy Equal Opportunity safegards, established 100% contact--ensured mission accomplishment
- Captain's trusted advisor. Teamed up with 9 Directors and Chiefs on Human Relations/EO incidents and improved program visibility and acceptance.
- Community pillar! Volunteered more than 100 hours at installation youth center, serving as a positive role model for 100 dependents.
AS A COMMAND FACILITATOR, HE PROVIDED EQUAL OPPORTUNITY RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITY TRAINING FOR OVER 200 STAFF MEMBERS WHILE PROVIDING REHABILITATION, OREINTATION TRAINING TO THE PRISONER POPULATION TO BETTER PREPARE THEM FOR SUCCESSFUL REENTRY INTO MILITARY LIFE OR AS PRODUCTIVE CITIZENS.
Mature leader; Instructed at Senior/Master Chief Seminar and clarified Commander's policies and increased Division-wide knowledge of Equal Opportunity.
COMMUNITY SERVICE. Volunteered 4000 hours to the Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Program.
Organized 8 multicultural events as member of the Diversity Committee and helped raised over $1,200 as treasurer of Second Class Association. Also a humanitarian, ran over 20 miles in support of various fund raisers throughout Jacksonville.
Impeccable demeanor and role model. He is the true image of Navy Core Values. He taught and practiced exemplary Equal Opportunity and contributed to the high morale of the crew.
As a member of the Command assessment team and Command Sexual Assault Prevention and Response program, Petty Officer Barroga demonstrated professional competence and knew when to step in and take action on community perceptions.
- Organized and oversaw ship's Asian American celebration. Promoted knowledge and understanding of racial diversity.
- Proactive specialist in equal opportunity and diversity. Admired for high standards and fair treatment.
- Relayed department's deep concerns to chain of command, spiked morale.
AS THE COMMAND SEXUAL ASSAULT PREVENTION COORDINATOR, HE TRAINED 39 MILITARY AND CIVILIAN PERSONNEL ON THE NAVY’S POLICY ON SEXUAL ASSAULT PREVENTION, RESULTING IN ZERO INCIDENTS DURING HIS TIME ABOARD.
Reported aboard as Chief of the Boat and immediately improved the crew's morale and performance. A genuine leader, he has an innate ability to facilitate teamwork and motivate his peers and subordinates to achieve ship's goals.
- Role Model. Positively impacted Command by establishing professional and productive work climate and successfully completing all Pre-commissioning Unit Instructions.
- Selected as COMMAND NEO Coordinator; managed most critical program with utmost care and efficiency
- Selected by commander for his subtle yet effective leadership style to head up Organizational Climate program
- Serves as Command Sexual Assault Victim Intervention (SAVI) Coordinator, a critical service that maintains morale
- DEDICATED TO NAVY's CORE VALUES. Ensured all Sailors are challenged with opportunities to excel and increased morale and ultimately, retention.
DEMONSTRATED UNMATCHED COMPASSION FOR SERVICE MEMBERS AND CIVILIANS AND UNPARALLELED LEADERSHIP AND INITIATIVE IN DEVELOPING THE MOST INNOVATIVE APPROACH TO THE PREVENTION OF SEXUAL ASSAULT BY PROVIDING INTERACTIVE TRAINING FOR OVER 700 SAILORS AND MARINES.
New content is posted daily. Check back tomorrow for more examples.